Greetings, Earth Creatures

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongo

Reaction score
Greetings from Mars! (Mars, PA, that is.)

My name's Dave. I've been a pipe smoker for about 30 years, with a few years' hiatus at the request of my ex-wife. She's gone, but my love pipes and pipe tobacco remian.

My tastes in tobacco are far ranging and ever-changing. Lately I've been smoking more "traditional" American-English blends, although there's little available that I don't enjoy. I have a deep fondness for scented Lakeland tobaccos, mixtures heavy in Orientals, Virginia and Virginia/Perique flakes, Latakia...just about everything. I don't smoke aromatics very often, but there are times when nothing else will do.

I've been cellaring tobacco for about five years. By my calculations, I now have enough tobacco to last me until my 80th year if I continue smoking at my current rate. However, my cellar continues to grow. Although I have enough volume, I want to have enough variety so that I will always be able to find something, whatever my mood.

My pipe collection is as wide-ranging as my tobacco collection. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I've just purchased pipes because I've liked them. Lately I've been concentrating on smaller bowls, and pipes by American carvers. I'm very happy to have the pipes that are in my collection, but will certainly add more when the mood strikes.

I've been lurking for a while, having been pointed here by a friend. It's been enjoyable, and I look forward to both reading more and to contributing.

Be well.
Dave

Welcome to Bob, the first Intergalactic Pipe Board.
:D :D

Did Mars PA get its name the same way Hershey PA did?

Dave, welcome to the forum!! Most of the time this is one of the best on earth. Some of us even deal with a etailer called Mars. A great place!! Hope to see alot of you and your post :sunny: :bounce: :affraid: