Greetings from Arkieland

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, all.

My old friend Mike (Brissett) directed me here, but please don’t hold that against me! I’m a UPer by birth, a Cheesehead by upbringing and culture, and an Arkie by present geography. Not many stokers down here in Arkieland, but thanks to the internet and my overdrawn plastic, my tobacco cellar is well stocked. I look to boards like this to share my passion for the pipe, hope to learn from ya’ll.

Jeff (usually go by Natch or Mr. Natural, as that Robert Crumb cartoon character kind of sums up my attitude for life)

Howdy Natch...glad you're here. Mike (pipemaker2) is an esteemed member of this community, so there's nothing to hold "against" you...except a hearty welcome.

Smart move, stocking up on pipeweed, amigo. Since you're a Robert Crumb aficionado, you might remember another strip from the legendary Zap Comix, the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. To paraphrase one of their classic maxims, "Pipeweed will getcha through times of no (something) better than (something) will getcha through times of no pipeweed!"

Vito :joker:

p.s. Forgive my ignorance, but I'm just a science dweeb and I don't get out much. What the heck's a "UPer" and a "Cheesehead"? :confused:

Hi Jeff,

Glad to see you made it over here.

I'm sure everyone will be impressed by an Arkie that can actually speak english. :D

Mike

Vito,

A UPer is from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (a whole different world and much smaller gene pool than the lower part of the state) and a Cheesehead is a Wisconsinite. So basically, I'm from the Upper Great Lakes.

Natch

Mark (Justpipes) I'm doing well, but my mind is going. I know we've talked on other boards, but weren't you also a Village Idiot back on the old JR board? The mind is a terrible thing to loose (I know I left mine around here somewhere, now if I could just find it!)

Jeff (Natch)

Hey Jeff, I got one of your tins. :D Not sure how I came to have it either. Oh, it's empty now, but you can have it back if you like.

I recently opened and smoked it up. Dunhill Nightcap dated 10/01.

Says on the bottom, your name/Mr. Natural Xmas SS TIP 03

I don't remember how that came to me. Maybe a boxpass.

Hey, Natch, welcome from somebody who grew up very close to Lake Erie and left for California.