Greetings from Down Under!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g34rrr

Reaction score
Hi I’m Dan from Australia. I’m a newish pipe smoker (started early 2021) but I love the community and the awesome people who share the hobby. I have a slowly growing collection of pipes and I primarily smoke aromatics but love a good English blend. My favourite past times include playing guitar, pipe smoking and complaining about tobacco tax here in Aus

Welcome Dan, another Aussie here.

Major English/Balkan fan here, not too much into aro's. And yes the taxes here are a frigging nonsense.

Whereabouts are you from? I'm in the Blue Mountains, East of Sydney.

From the sunny coast. I was just on holiday in the blue mountains actually. Stayed in Leura. Beautiful area

As for Aussie tobacco taxes, this is beyond nonsense. I read that had the highest tobacco taxes in the world. It showed the price of cigarettes was $40 AUD a pack and $105 AUD for a package of Capt. Black white. OUCH!

Yeah, the mountains have some stunning scenery though the Sunshine coast is a beauty too.

Just paid $120 for a 50gm pouch of Levy #2, a Latakia blend, from the tobacconist in Melbourne. I will savour every last puff.

As for Aussie tobacco taxes, this is beyond nonsense. I read that had the highest tobacco taxes in the world. It showed the price of cigarettes was $40 AUD a pack and $105 AUD for a package of Capt. Black white. OUCH!
Guess I'll never complain about that extra dollar or two here, geez

Welcome to BoBs. Wow and I thought UK tobacco tax was extortionate. But after seeing what you Aussies pay, I bend then knee mate.