Greetings from Eastern North Carolina

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all (North Carolina for hello)! My name is Hal and I'm a retired US Marine having served 26 years. I started the pipe smoking hobby as a young Marine in about 1973 with a cob and Borkum Riff. I only found out in recent years that it can be considered a hobby...lol. Like many others, I presume, I have gone through long periods without picking up a pipe, but could never resist a real tobacco shop that came within scent range. Now, with many tobacco jars and even more pipes, my love of the hobby has evolved into collecting and refurbishing estate pipes. Mostly for my own enjoyment. There is always something new to learn.
I look forward to meeting new "Brothers of Brair"

Welcome to the forum Hal, it’s good to have you aboard. Looks like we got within scent range of you too.

Looking forward to sharing a bowl or two,

‘Stick’ - one of the Blighty contingent.

Welcome from the High Plains from a relative newbie on the forum; good folks around here.

Thanks Stick. So now that we're "Brothers of Brair" and since you're of the Blighty contingent (we're already cousins).... I don't know, it's all very confusing 🙀! Happy to share a bowl or two. Take care, Hal

Thank you! I thought I had already sent a reply to you, but I don't see it here, so if you get two replies you'll know why. Where Eastern-ish? Take care Hal.