Greetings from frigid Iowa.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Reaction score
Knew about this forum for a while but just joined. Glad there are still some regular forums in existence instead of only facebook groups although nothing against those groups. I just don't like facebook.

Was about -5°F when I got up this morning and is supposed to be rather tropical for Iowa in January this afternoon; 29°F!!!

Setting up things to use the garage as a hobby workshop and smoking den. Tired of freezing my tail off in the garage now. Bought an 80,000 BTU kerosene heater. I'll try it out in another day or two. Can hardly wait!

Dan

Welcome Dan and thank you for finally deciding to join.

Welcome Dan! Once you get your space setup, share some pics! I’d love to see it.

I grew up with kerosene heat. I’m sure you already know this, but someone reading this may not know that some form of outdoor ventilation is necessary when using kerosene heat. There are a ton of references on this online and most if not all included documentation with these heaters includes the same info.

Welcome aboard. Lived in Iowa for many years. Went to Iowa State 70 to 73. Fortunately, my wife at the time did not mind me smoking inside the house. Many fond memories of sitting in the recliner, in front of the fireplace, watching snow fall outside the picture window, smoking BSOSM. LOL.