Greetings from Indiana

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipesmoker09

Reaction score
Hello My name is Michael Im from Fort Wayne IN and am very new to pipe smoking and find it to be a great new and relaxing hobby. Though new to pipe smoking I am no stranger to the smoking hobby I consider my self to be a huge cigar aficianado and enjoy fine beers and scotch. I also enjoy playing bass guitar and am a military veteran. Hope to meet some great people here and learn
Cheers
Mike

Welcome to the forum, Michael! Good to have you here. I play the bass as well! Who is your favorite bassist?

Mike, thanks so much for your service, and welcome to the BoB forums! :)

s.ireland":wxykrv1z said:
Welcome to the forum, Michael! Good to have you here. I play the bass as well! Who is your favorite bassist?
Hands down would be chris squire of yes, seen them in concert so many times and never fails to impress me... other favorites would include Geddy lee, roger waters, john myung, amongst other prog bassists

i am originally from Fort Wayne. Welcome! I was there last year visiting family and I went to Reigal's for some danish heather. really amazing blend!

Welcome, dont be shy...jump on in and join the fun. I see you like scotch, what you drinking these days?

pipesmoker09":hfbs44f3 said:
s.ireland":hfbs44f3 said:
Hands down would be chris squire of yes, seen them in concert so many times and never fails to impress me... other favorites would include Geddy lee, roger waters, john myung, amongst other prog bassists
I'm pretty late but somehow I missed this post...

Chris Squire is da man!!! Fragile is one of my all time favorite albums. I really like 90125 as well (Trevor Rabin is great)

And you can't be a bassist and not learn all of Geddy's licks IMHO :cheers:

andr3wrams3y":71w4wmg0 said:
i am originally from Fort Wayne. Welcome! I was there last year visiting family and I went to Reigal's for some danish heather. really amazing blend!
Ah yes Danish heather my first blend that i tried as well they got a gigantic jar at the location on calhoun st. I happen to live right behind the covington location lucky me... if you should need any lemme know... next time your in town try a blend called"bills mistakes" its amazing also have a blend i came up with that has danish heather,columbian mocha, syrian latakia,and black cavendish@pipe leisure I favor Islay scotches tremendously now these days along with highland single malts...@buddy springman Yea how bout them colts huh?? I would like to cheer myself up by saying maybe next year and perhaps get good draft picks but who knows time will tell....and again thanks for the warm welcomes!!!

pipesmoker09":df39okrg said:
andr3wrams3y":df39okrg said:
Ah yes Danish heather my first blend that i tried as well they got a gigantic jar at the location on calhoun st. I happen to live right behind the covington location lucky me... if you should need any lemme know... next time your in town try a blend called"bills mistakes" its amazing also have a blend i came up with that has danish heather,columbian mocha, syrian latakia,and black cavendish@pipe leisure I favor Islay scotches tremendously now these days along with highland single malts...@buddy springman Yea how bout them colts huh?? I would like to cheer myself up by saying maybe next year and perhaps get good draft picks but who knows time will tell....and again thanks for the warm welcomes!!!
man, it is a looooooooooong year. :|

I will see my family soon, so I will probably end up making a trip to Reigel's when I am in town.

Hey Mike: I'm somewhat late with the welcome but I've just read one of your posts regarding single malt and blended scotch. I enjoy my pipes with Pinch, Chivas, and Johnnie but have not "advanced" to the single malts yet. I also love to smoke a Partagas Black Label now and then so I guess we are brother's from different mothers as the saying goes. Now that we are acquainted I'll keep my eyes out for your suggestions on cigars and spirits. If you also hang out on BOTL you'll find me as Oscurodude. Enjoy your time on BoB and your pipe.

How do, Mike? I'm down here in Marion. Pull up a seat and sit a while. Lot of good reading to do.