Greetings from Jerusalem!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Puros_Bran!

Busted. I enjoy writing and sometimes get carried away, but thanks for the extra effort. :p Amen to that treasure. HU Tobaccos? They're excellent excellent tobaccos blended by a master blender in Germany, Hans Wiedemann. I imported them myself but, unfortunately, they do not ship to the States. If you know anybody in Europe who's going to the States, I'm sure you could arrange with Mr Wiedemann to try his blends. My favorites are Fayyum Kake and Dockworker. He has an English version of his site with a lot of information and interesting images. Highly recommended.

http://shop.hu-tobacco.de.hu-tobacco.de/epages/63080810.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=Categories

All the best, Happy and healthy New Year!

puros_bran":eqpnekaj said:
I didn't read your introduction.. It's too long for my tired eyes at the moment. But howdy anyway.  ;)

Edited in:  I've now read the intro...7 hours later, I was tired what can I say.    

Pops indeed blessed you with a treasure.  These HU Tobaccos, do you find them locally or is it something you have imported yourself? Unless my memory has failed me (again) I've never heard of them.

Thanks for the welcome, TwelveAMnTX!

Are you from the Republic of? Your avatar looks a lot like an old (departed) friend of mine, whom I called, Quatz, the Hopi word for "friend". He was half malamute; half Canadian Silver-tipped wolf, but the malamute was not evident. At 9 mos. he stood 3 hands high. What a character! Thanks to my dad (again) I'm able to puff away most happily on some very good pipes.

Happy and healthy New Year!

TwelveAMnTX":zsb1pqq6 said:
Welcome to BoB, David!
It sounds like a nice lot you got there, congats & happy puffing!

Thanks for the warm welcome and encouragement, Timbo

It does seem like, with the peace pipe and tobacco, our native American bros. knew what it was all about. Far as tongue in cheek goes, I'm all for it! Like Will Rogers said, "We are all here for a spell. Get all the good laughs you can!" The pipe is a fine way to let our extremes go up in smoke. Happy and healthy New Year!

Timbo":37trfc87 said:
Welcome David, hope you find your time here informative. It sounds like you're off to a great start with your dad's old pipes and your cellared baccy. I was lucky to be blessed when I started with a couple of pounds of tobacco from a mate who'd tired of Latakia blends as well as info about where to successfully purchase online etc. a great little head start.  

Any questions, no matter how silly you think they are, will be gladly answered here. The response may be slightly tongue in cheek though. :lol:

Have fun here.

Tim

That's a good quote. I saw one about pipe smoking awhile back which sums it up pretty well, but I don't know who said it: "Keeps my hands busy and my mouth shut." In the manner of good room note, y'know? Have a happy and healthy New Year!

Lord Guyrox":pmoiewst said:
Welcome to the brotherhood.

Welcome aboard sir! Always thought Jerusalem would be a fascinating place to visit, so much history. Agree with the others about your inheriting such a fine sounding collection of pipes from your dad. :afro: