Greetings from the Brazilian Highlands

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alottalatakia":skf6j67t said:
Greetings to all and sundry!
Smoking a Virginia and dark fire blend here, having a Stout and waiting for the Autumn to arrive. Nice sunsets though!

Good to have you on board. Not sure if we've had any Brazilian members before. Great view too!

Thanks!!! This place is awesome. Many of Minas gerais state hills sit at 1200m above sea level or higher. So.., I'm a tropical highlander.., in a sense. We don't have Whiskey but we have our fire water: cachaça.

Oh yes.., I should make some videos about pipe smoking and wandering around.., Rauchen and ramblings!

Great to meet you Alottalatakia. Your pictures make me envious! You live in a very attractive area.

I'll look forward to more of your posts about what it's like living there, what kind of pipe weed you smoke and is available, your pipes and so forth.

Cheers,

RR

Timbo":sp5o97kp said:
Welcome to BoB from another Southern Hemispherean. Love your user name.
Thank you for the warm welcome! Yes! My daughter lives there Down Under,... in Sydney. She is coming soon for a visit to the jungle here... Is there any good tobacconist down there? How about pipe tobacco prices? Maybe i should ask her to bring a stash for me...

Alottalatakia":4g2pagsl said:
Timbo":4g2pagsl said:
Welcome to BoB from another Southern Hemispherean. Love your user name.
Thank you for the warm welcome! Yes! My daughter lives there Down Under,... in Sydney. She is coming soon for a visit to the jungle here... Is there any good tobacconist down there? How about pipe tobacco prices? Maybe i should ask her to bring a stash for me...
Cool, I’m in the mountains to Sydney’s West and sadly the pipe and tobacco situation here in Aus is woeful. Tobacconists that sell pipes are few and far between and tobacco tax is heading towards $1200 AU per Kg, so I’m sure you can find cheaper baccy with less hassle.

So Timbo...if someone sent you some pipe tobacco as a gift, would you be taxed to hell and gone like in the UK?

SO...Let’s say it again. The tobacco tax in OZ is $1200 AUD = $850 USD per KG. So that’s essentially $425/pound. Holy guacamole Batman. That means my little 2 Oz tin of whatever is taxed over $50 USD.