Growley Blasted Tomato

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growley

Reaction score
I just realized that I didn't post pics of this pipe for you guys. I don't post every pipe I make, but I'm particularly fond of this one...in fact, so much so that I decided to keep it.

I had been eyeing it up since I made it and found myself picking it up often "trying it on for size" in front of the mirror. Once I stemmed it, the decision was final. The pre-ban ivory on it, and the new laws against selling it made me want to keep even more, so I did.

This one has what I call a Lemon Drop shank, which is a more symmetrical variation of a teardrop shank.

So for you who like to look at pipes, here are a few pics:

IMG_1377-copy.JPG

IMG_1378-copy.JPG

IMG_1379-copy.JPG

IMG_1380-copy.JPG

IMG_1381-copy.JPG

IMG_1382-copy.JPG

IMG_1383-copy.JPG

joshoowah":bmffkuuc said:
Dimensions? ;)
Length: 5.0″
Chamber Depth: 1.5″
Chamber Bore: .75″
Outside Bowl Width: 2″
Weight: 2.1 oz

I can certainly see why you chose to keep it, another beauty sir!

Haha. It's funny you mentioned this, Brian. I've actually been staring at this one on your site for a few weeks. It really is a gorgeous pipe.

Trifecta13":w5j48837 said:
Haha. It's funny you mentioned this, Brian. I've actually been staring at this one on your site for a few weeks. It really is a gorgeous pipe.
Thanks! I will most definitely be making more. I just love the shape. But, from here on out, they'll come with some other stem ring instead of ivory. Let me know if you ever want me to make you one.

That's what I'm thinking. As tuned in to the pipe goings-on and the upcoming Chicago show as I am, the only thing I keep thinking about is getting my Growley commission underway soon. I'm paying off the rest of our medical bills from my recently delivered bundle of joy at the end of this month, and then you can expect to be hearing from me very soon.

pipe-lover":sl2p9u1b said:
fine ring grain...wonderful freehand.thank you for sharing. :D
You're welcome! Thanks for the kind remarks.

Awesome! It would have gone well with the Behemoth, though..... :pale: :pale:

Really though, beautiful pipe! I'm a fan of the lemon drop shank. :D

Gorgeous Pipe! If you would have posted this one I would have snatched it up.