Guidance

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2 questions

1. Im looking at buying some tobacco tins and have no idea how the pricing works. The seller I reached out to has never bought or sold either. Its a Mac baren 1.5oz Vanilla Creme from 2014. It currently sells for $14.73
Just looking for some guidance.

2. Is there a tobacco aging guide? Suggestions for temp and humidity, and does it always stay in tins, or should it be jarred etc.

SW…you might try doing a search here re your aging question. There are many posts already covering that information.

RE the price issue…some stingy old coots here will bristle at paying half the current street price or MSRP…others might go X2? So many factors to consider.

I had a tin from 2016. Popped it sometime last year and it was in perfect condition. I would leave it in the tin until you're ready to smoke it, then jar it after you open the tin.

There is a few ways to figure this by watching places that sell tobacco online. Pipestud, Tinbids and some online tobacco shops (tobaccopipes,boswells etc) sell vintage tins.
If you have had and like/love the fresh verson It really does come down to how much one's willing pay. Just like Ranger said.

Special Rant: We’ve been over this concept time and again. It’s a pet peeve of mine and others here as well.

To me, this is not a site to peddle tobaccos at 3 to 4 to 5 times their street price or more! I don’t care if it’s special or rare or aged for 20 years. This is a site where the overarching ethic is that of brotherhood…and gouging tin prices does not mirror that ethic. If someone has a tin that once sold for $15 USD and they’re asking $100 plus…they should do it elsewhere (my opinion…not a rule). This is the case for old and new members alike. My perfect situation would be where members would offer unique items to their brothers here that they would never otherwise be able to afford…at a reasonable price.

Please don’t think I’m pointing fingers because I’m not.

But I’m watching…always watching. 🫣

2 questions

1. Im looking at buying some tobacco tins and have no idea how the pricing works. The seller I reached out to has never bought or sold either. Its a Mac baren 1.5oz Vanilla Creme from 2014. It currently sells for $14.73
Just looking for some guidance.

2. Is there a tobacco aging guide? Suggestions for temp and humidity, and does it always stay in tins, or should it be jarred etc.
Just depends on the two parties selling, Vanilla Cream probably wont change too much with aging and its not especially rare. As far as aging, dont let tins or jars get too hot and its best to keep them from being exposed to huge temperature swings. IE keep them inside your home. Welcome to the forum!