H.P. Lovecraft

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society

---Call of Cthulhu---
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3bWwZ5o-7r0" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

---The Whisperer in Darkness---
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pd5gWGfnK5M" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I went to school for English and, as useless as the degree is, have at least read a lot of authors.

I count Lovecraft among my absolute favorites.

I've seen the CoC film, but not The Whisperer. I need to check that one out, asap.

I'd like to note that the HP Lovecraft documentary "Fear of the Unknown" is available, in its entirety, here.

For those of you who played the CoC rpg, I would like to recommend the Fantasy Flight board game, "Arkham Horror". I got it recently and have thoroughly enjoyed it, despite the complicated rule system.

Foxfire":deg1gyxa said:
For those of you who played the CoC rpg, I would like to recommend the Fantasy Flight board game, "Arkham Horror". I got it recently and have thoroughly enjoyed it, despite the complicated rule system.
I haven't played that yet. Though my wife and I have often looked at it and considered purchasing it.

I just picked up Complete Collection of H.P. Lovecraft by Orintage Publishing in the B&N Nook book store. The complete collection cost $2.00. It comes with 150 ebooks and 100+ audiobooks.

I'm new to Lovecraft, but this seems to be the most complete work I have ever seen. The overview claims to include all of his works. It's definitely worth the $2.

Well, well, well... I see that I have come to the right pipe smoking forum when there is an entire thread dedicated to my favorite author of Strange & Weird Fiction...

I know a tad bit about the man myself... I host the H.P. Lovecraft Mythos Book Club & Reading Group at my public library once a month... Website here...

lovecraftbookclub.wordpress.com

I own a few 1st Edition Arkham House books including the 1st Edition of At the Mountains of Madness. I'm also in regular contact with both S.T. Joshi and W.H. Pugmire who have booth contributed to my book club on a number of different occasions.

My biggest bragging rights so far is that an essay I wrote on the history of the Necronomicon was used by a college literature professor in England. I thought that was pretty cool.

I'm also a huge fan of the Call of Cthulhu RPG and have been running games in that system for about 8 years now. I also enjoy the Trail of Cthulhu game. It uses a really great "rules light" system for investigation.

Small world! I'm a huge fan of weird fiction, and just became a member yestetday! I run a weird fiction book review blog, The Arkham Digest. Don't know if any of you are familiar, but it's great to see other Lovecraft and weird fiction fans here!