Hacks, hints, tips, and accessories for smoking while driving?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Reaction score
I'm always fumbling for a lighter/matches or a tamper or a place to set my pipe when I'm driving. Need some help to make it safer and more enjoyable.

Have you found any gadgets or made anything to help you out while smoking and driving? Photos would be nice.

Thanks!

I’m dangerous behind the wheel with a pipe. It’s to fussy and distracting. I stick with cigars when I’m driving!

I make sure the tamper and lighter always go in the same spot so I don't need to look for them or get distracted when I need them. If I need anything more than a simple task or quick relight I wait for a red light or something. I spent most of my smoking time while driving.

I tuck my lighter and tamper under my right thigh to prevent them from falling on the floor during stopping, accelerating or turning.

Somebody makes a piping gizmo that fits in a standard cupholder, but I think it only holds your pipe. And it was a bit spendy, as I recall.

Back when I smoked a pipe in my truck, several years ago, a Ford Ranger with semi bench front seat, I bought one of those cup holders that fit over the hump. Took a piece of scrap leather, cut it maybe half the width of the cup holder, folded it double and pushed it down in the cup holder. Held a pipe very nicely. Put the lighter and tamper in the flat well where I could get to them easily. Worked great. I always tapped the ashes in the ash tray (remember those, lol) before setting it down.