HAD attack!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, don't get me wrong; not all flavored meads are bad. I've had some truly inspired creations. Bleu cheese and bacon was not among them. :no:

Best I ever had was simply called "Jezebel" from Al at Stormvale Vineyard up in the Grand Traverse Bay area. Tupelo plus locally gathered apple blossom honey with fermented Anjou
pears and the faintest ghost of Thai ginger. Spring of '92. That stuff was legendary. The problem was, there was only 200 gallons of it. After it was gone, everyone was trying to copy it, which failed, or out-do it. That's when the trouble started...

Well, I racked my first patch and I have mixed feelings about it. This batch had an organic orange and some raisins in the must. As it turns, the orange was slightly sour and it transferred to my mead. The mead has a beautiful color and floral scent, but it is slightly sour. :(

Hopefully some more age will take out some of the sour.

Bill

I've had some sour meads and rather liked them! Too-sweet meads are all over the place.

Yeah it is drinkable, just a little sour. If you like sour patch kids you will love my mead. I was drinking some with my pipe and the floral scent made me feel like I was in the middle of a wild flower field.

Bill