Had to have it!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedeep

Reaction score
Haven't been doing much long gun shooting in recent years. Wanted something versatile and usable. I've got three long range guns, but don't really shoot them much anymore. Heck, one of them spends most of its time in Germany. So, I wanted something to play with. Ruger introduced the Gunsite Scout Rifle back in Dec or so. I immediately contacted them, "How about a lefty?" Nope. Not going to happen. A couple of months later I contacted the Custom shop, same response. Dropped down to my favorite gunshop to help a buddy pick up a new Glock, asked them if they had seen a Scout, "Sure, got a left-handed one right here!" I was a goner.
The bolt was a little sticky, rough. I've now cycled it about 350 times and it is MUCH better. I figure by the time I get to 1000 it should be o.k. Trigger is a bit heavy (5 pounds), but very crisp. Butt-ugly clip, but help is on the way. Will try to do a little test firing this weekend.
6814.jpg

I'm interested in hearing how accuracy is with the 16 1/2 inch barrel,,,,and how much muzzle blast,,,looks pretty handy, will a red dot sight mount up on that rail?,,,

Neat looking rifle. Is it a .308? Been hankering for a Springfield myself lately.

Ruger has a habit of making very rugged, simple-looking machines that are balanced just right. I realize there's people who just brush them off as an "ugly, cheap gun," but Ruger has always impressed me--this being yet another of theirs I like.

They went through some kind of change a couple of years ago, got bought out or something, and I was really worried they'd stop innovating and turn into crap--so far so good.

That's a sexy rifle. Bar-none. Nice to get it in a lefty-bolt for you, too! A fully-detailed range report (pictures? :cheers: ) would be much appreciated! 8)

That's a sweet piece! Let us know how she does downrange. 8)

Very nice! I've never regretted any Rugers I have owned. :cheers: