Had to laugh when I read my profile

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briarbabe

Reaction score
It's been a coons age since I've checked in here. But today it just felt right.

I laughed when I logged in and read my profile: Job - Writer (and someday I might get paid for it.) Today I handed in my resignation at Penn State. Five years in the books. My last day will be August 31st.

And I'm leaving it all because my freelance writing business has taken off like a rocket, yes, even during a pandemic.

I'm in the midst of a breakup (No pity for me, it's long overdue. You can pity him, he's lost more than he can fathom just yet.) making big career decisions. I'm sitting out here on my balcony in this blasted heat sipping a Manhattan and thinking of John (Fatman/Santa). What I wouldn't give to tell him, "I did it! You said I could, and I did."

So, for the first time in years, I pulled out my churchwarden (Boswell's) and a good pinch of Berry Cobbler (also Boswell's, first pipe smoke of my life, so fitting) and sat here sipping my cocktail, smoking my pipe and wondering what in the hell all of you are up to.

On my end, life is good. Hard-won, but good. I'm living in a nifty little apartment in an old newspaper building from the Victorian era here in Bellefonte, PA. I'm writing and making damn good money. And sipping cocktails on my balcony while I watch the world burn. (I'll save that for the Rubber Room.)

How goes it, fellas?

It's good to hear from you. Glad to hear all is well and making moves that makes a difference. Leaving penn state is almost as good as leaving the state penn.

What do you write?

Great blend to end the day with.

My main client is www.ruralsprout.com a homesteading and gardening website. I get paid to write and photograph all the cool stuff I learned and did while growing up on an off-the-grid homestead. Not too bad. It's a great website, with lots of good info. I'm happy to be a part of it.

Penn State - State Penn - some days it's hard to tell the difference. :lol:

I'm also growing my own blog - www.almostahomesteader.com it will be a homesteading blog "for those of us not living in a yurt in Montanna" I call myself a Second Story Homesteader, living in an apartment. I'm going to share articles about being self-sufficient even if you aren't living on a traditional homestead. It's geared towards women mostly.

Very cool! Homesteading. Off grid. Sounds familiar.... :eek:

Meh. The world hasn't stopped burning for millennium. Nothing new under the sun! :lol!:

Congratulations on your new life. May it be excellent!

Glad to hear that your writing is working out for you BB, the subject matter sounds really interesting.

Cheers

Tim