HAD

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now, my famous or infamous boyhood horse story. I suppose I was about 7-years-old and sent to an overnight camp in New Ulm, MN that had been a former POW camp during WWII. One of the activities was horseback riding. I was quite small and assigned to Shorty, not a pony, just a short horse. I was warned that Shorty was always extremely gassy and to keep a safe distance when walking behind him. I should have paid better attention. One day, I walked too close, Shorty lifted his tail and with a powerful wind covered me with manure. I was the only one not convulsed with laughter.

Many years later, while a student at the University of Minnesota, I asked a beautiful classmate for a date. She accepted, but also asked if I was the kid at camp in New Ulm who a horse pooped all over.

Last edited:
And now, my famous or infamous boyhood horse story. I suppose I was about 7-years-old and sent to an overnight camp in New Ulm, MN that had been a former POW camp during WWII. One of the activities was horseback riding. I was quite small and assigned to Shorty, not a pony, just a short horse. I was warned that Shorty was always extremely gassy and to keep a safe distance when walking behind him. I should have paid better attention. One day, I walked too close, Shorty lifted his tail and with a powerful wind covered me with manure. I was the only one not convulsed with laughter.

Many years later, while a student at the University of Minnesota, I asked a beautiful classmate for a date. She accepted, but also asked if I was the kid at camp in New Ulm who a horse pooped all over.
Now that's funny right there. (doing my best Larry the cable guy impression,,lol)

Well Ranger I've waited long enough and guess I'll have to be the one to ask it. Is Cochise pipe friendly and be ridden while smoking a pipe or are horses and pipe smoking not an option like drinking and driving?

Well Ranger I've waited long enough and guess I'll have to be the one to ask it. Is Cochise pipe friendly and be ridden while smoking a pipe or are horses and pipe smoking not an option like drinking and driving?
Cochise would not care, but it's not a good idea. First you need both hands at times, especially if we are in a rocky area.. Also, a lot of the areas where we ride around here are high fire danger areas. Last thing I would want is to be responsible for a forest fire because of an errant ember flying out of the pipe. So, yeah, a bit like drinking and driving lol