Halloween Mystery 2019

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Howdy folks! Ozzie here. Ah recun it's that time of year again to have ourselves a spooky tale to get us all thinking as we ride along the trail. A ghoulish tale to gather around the campfire and send chills down your spine while you warm your bones before bunking down under open skies in the wilds of the uncharted territory between Texas and Montana.

Any participating pilots of this month's bombing mission interested in throwing your hat in for this contest please chime in on this thread. For those of us who are unfamiliar with the mystery game, here's the gist......

A mystery is presented to the forum each October for Halloween. Pilots that participate in the bombing mission can sign up to solve the mystery I will try to concoct with some amount of flare. Each participant reads along with the daily chapter. Each participant gets one(1) guess to solve the mystery. Guesses are to be submitted by private message to yours truly (Ozark Wizard) Guesses are not to be posted on the thread or elsewhere on the open forum. The first correct guess wins a prize and ideally I would get to stop writing the story.

The prize for the solving of the mystery is typically a new custom made pipe created and provided without compensation by our most talented and generous Ocelot55, AKA Jesse Jones of the Blue room Briar fame. We'll see what he creates when the time comes.

Here's a link to the last year's mystery thread so you can get an idea of what to expect....

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t37460-the-butcher-of-bob

That should cover it. Any questions please feel free to contact me!

I respectfully recuse myself in the participation of the mystery portion of this month's mission as a member of the Council.

However I will be following the proceeding story line closely. Ozzie never fails to titillate our imaginations and sleuthing skills!

:bom:

Cheers,

RR

I’m definitely going to try and follow it this year. Nothing beats a good story except maybe a rum and coke with a twist and a good story.

Brewdude":ggfzuo4z said:
I respectfully recuse myself in the participation of the mystery portion of this month's mission as a member of the Council.

However I will be following the proceeding story line closely. Ozzie never fails to titillate our imaginations and sleuthing skills!

:bom:

Cheers,

RR

What he said.

Since only those pilots flying the October/Halloween Mission are eligible...with BD and I out there are just 12 slots available.  Don’t miss out pilots, the prize is beyond awesome and it’s beyond fun.

How about a tease?

"Journal entry, year of our Lord 1889. It is Late April, and the Spring grasses are coming up fast. I'm looking into gaining employment with a northern drive as a means to my liberation from the dust of the Great Nation of Texas and search out my fortune in the Northern Territories. It is my fervent wish to stake a land claim and raise my own beef herd. There is talk amongst the saloon patrons that a foreman is looking to secure experienced help for a drove headed for Montana along the Western Trail. Though I am experienced with riding herd I am not familiar with this particular route. It is my hope that my inexperience with that trail will not impair my future employment.."

William Quinn

Blackhorse":begs2nja said:
Oh..ooh..I know!  The answer is forty two!  Right?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aboZctrHfK8" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!! wow, that was fast! Good job!

Jesse, tell him what he won! :cheers:

Count me in, Ozzie, I'm always down for a grim prairie tale! Looking forward to hearing the account of Mr. Quinn.

After that teaser, I’m signing up for this. Should be a great ride if last years tale was anything to go by.

Good luck in your guesses people.

You see, he’s only written a dozen or so lines and he’s hooked me!