Halloween Turkey Box Pass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:sleep:

AWRIGHT MAGGOTS!!!  
THIS AIN'T NO VACATION RESORT!!!
TIME TA ACT LIKE MEN!!!
EVERYBODY UP AND GIMMEE FIFTY!!!

:affraid:

Kidding. Just seein' if all y'all's payin' attention, thas all.

Just fillin' up the box here, Boss!

Blackhorse":qbl4euv7 said:
:sleep:

AWRIGHT MAGGOTS!!!  
THIS AIN'T NO VACATION RESORT!!!
TIME TA ACT LIKE MEN!!!
EVERYBODY UP AND GIMMEE FIFTY!!!

:affraid:

Kidding. Just seein' if all y'all's payin' attention, thas all.

Just fillin' up the box here, Boss!
I thought for a moment you had been watching 'Full Metal Jacket'. . . .

Naw, just funnin' around.

Hey...deep into the cave of wonders...snagging this-n-that for the pass. Some things I thought I had are gone (?) some things I thought were gone are still there! Aging occurs to more than tobacco apparently...sadly enough.

Thus far I'm pulling moderate to super aged blends. Stuff like Night Train, McC!e!!and No. 27 VA (15 y.o.), Edgeworth Ready Rubbed, Stonehaven, etc. It's really all over the board. Also added a couple bags of Semois...some Condor...

Gotta suit up fer the next picks. The Lakelands. I keep 'em in a HazMat tent out back!

I'll throw up a list of items as I finish categories, adding sections as I go.

I decided to throw out the overly iron butted thing about only picking within categories. But pay attention to 'relative weights and worth' issues. I mean, a half ounce of 15 year old No. 27 VA is a very different thing than a half ounce of Prince Albert!

Then, as the various players do their takes and puts they will write down what they did on the master list that goes in the box, and post that info here as well. Then I will update the master list I have accordingly. Accounting!  Paperwork! Awk!

Well hope away McDuff!

Um...scented or unscented?

Here's the kind of thing I'm pulling together:

Tins (one each) - (tin code or date noted, if known) :

PCCA Tuscany (072496)
C&D Sunday Picnic (010912)
McClelland Pebblecut (53 10)
Escudo
MacBaren HH Old Dark Fired (large) (7/2012)
Peterson University Flake (2/2013)
Peterson Irish Flake 3/2014)
Dunhill Flake (marked 2/2013 but earlier I think)
Sorensen Flake
Gawith St.James Flake
Gawith FireDance Flake
(maybe one more to make an even dozen)

Bulk Blends (there are multiple bags of some items, if I thought more would like a sample, etc.) and (weights were often function of what I had left to donate):

(2) Stonehaven (aged) 1 oz.
(2) McClelland #27 VA (circa 2000) 1/2 oz.
(1) Condor Blended (10/2013) 50 gm.
(6) Edgeworth Ready Rubbed (last run or close) 1 oz.
(2) Semois (just got it) 1 oz. dry
(2) C&D Night Train (5 yrs +) 1 1/2 oz.
(2) Gawith Bob's Chocolate Flake (aged over 10 yes) 1 oz.

So that's 17 bags thus far.

I'll add more tomorrow...focusing on Lakeland and other Gawith...Dark Plug...Dark Flake Scented...#7 Broken Flake...old, old Ennerdale...Cob...Brown Scented...Kendal Plug...Olde Skidmark...etc., etc., etc., etc.

So...how am I doing?

Looks like a mighty fine list you got there.  Sorry I was away today and yesterday.  Work got me by the short ones yesterday and today, I paid the piper with much needed rest.

BTW, there look to be some very yummy blends in there. I have some SG chocolate flake from 2010 that I may toss in when the box gets here. I love the stuff.

OK - here I'm assuming that if someone CARES about an issue, or guideline, etc. then they will comment on it, when asked.

So it would seem I'm on the right track with my picks.

I found the correct box (Large Priority Flat Rate) and have begun loading...will finalize bulk blend choices plus some cigars tomorrow, planning toward a Monday shipping date. I might just organize the cigars to be gratis, one bag with several favorites of mine for each player to take...no expectation anything will be returned.

And PozzSka - if you want to get the box out your way, I'll need that address!!!

Everything looks groovy from this end, Count Blackhorse. I'm so excited it's scary!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AFSDR1iJrZ4" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

If anyone has any specific special requests, today is the last day I can respond.

Also, remember that the cigars are freebies, each player takes a bag. I found a great stash of highly desirable (to me) items I'm going to put in. If you want to put any cigars back in, they would be apart from the trade-able items. In other words you would be sending it/them straight to me, and I'm not expecting nor really wanting anything back in that category. But if someone wants to send me something I'll smoke it fer sure.

The above is partly because of this: Someone has asked me about players doing a 'Host Bag'. Sometimes players want to designate something small specifically for the host, keeping it apart from tradable items. That's OK I guess, not necessary, but so long as it's small it's OK. I can't really stop you, and you'll do what you want anyway, so whatever. I'll tell you, one thing that I'm always excited to have someone send me are a few of those rubber bit protectors. I always use 'em and never seem to have enough. So there.

Enough for now. The ball's in my court. I've got lots to get done today, so I'll get on with it.

Later.

Blackhorse":zuitipht said:
If anyone has any specific special requests, today is the last day I can respond.
Just leave enough room in the box for us to make additions and bonus goodies!

Got it covered. For one thing, as guys take their cigar bags out that incrementally allows more and more space. And I put the tins and bags inside separate indentical boxes inside the main box for protection and 'just cause' so when and if those are ditched there would be a fair bit more room.

I guess I started with a box about 25% too big...which seemed just about right.

OK - final additions have been made. Items (plus the cigars) are as follows:

(2) Ennerdale Flake (8 - 10 yrs) 1 oz.
(2) Dark Flake Scented 1 oz.
(2) Dark Plug (5 - 6 yrs) 1 oz.
(2) Kendal Plug 1 oz.
(2) Bracken Flake (2007) 1 oz.
(2) Coniston Cut Plug 1 oz.
(1) #7 Broken Flake 1 oz. +

So that's another 13 bags...total = 30 bags!

Add then added:

(1) Peretti Oriental #40 1/2 oz +
(2) Esoterica Ramsgate 1 oz.
(2) Esoterica Blackpool 1 oz.
(2) Gawith Glengarry Flake 1/2 oz.

So we end up with 37 total bags. That's it. Gotta work on the address roster and the put and take master lists. Whew!

Holy bag of holding, Blackhorse, that's a lot of trick r' treat loot! Thanks again for putting all this together.