Halloween Turkey Box Pass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ponder...ponder...mull...mulll...mull...

Hmmm. Is a puzzlement. In every box pass I remember being involved with of managing myself there has been a master list of items that went along with the box. On that list players signed for both their takes and their puts. It's like inventory management. Not a big thing to produce, maybe an hour or so using a DB or Table thing in MS Office...or a bit longer with art level paper, a surprisingly expensive fountain pen and even more surprisingly expensive Japanese ink...an art project fee sure.

But is that even needed, or is it just an example of anal redundancy? I mean, as long as there's a master list online...as long as players list their takes and puts...and as long as the online list is kept up and accurate...do we really need a paper list in the box. Anyone can copy and print an online master list is they want paper, after all.

So as soon as I can get the dog off my chest, I'll do that.

I suggest copying this and using it to help plan, etc.

Box Pass Master List (pre launch)

TINS (include date or tin code)

PCCA Tuscanny (072486)
C&D Sunday Picnic (010912)
McClelland Pebblecut (53 10)
Escudo
MacBaren HH Old Dark Fired (7/2012)
Peterson University Flake (2/2013)
Dunhill Flake (2/2013)
Gawith St James Flake
Gawith FireDance Flake
Sorensen Flake
Peterson Irish Flake

BULK ITEMS  (include age and weight)

Condor Blended (10/13) 50 gm
Esoterica Stonehaven (aged 3 years) 1 oz
McClelland #27 VA (circa 2000) 1/2 oz
Edgeworth Ready Rubbed 1 oz
Semois (very dry) 1 oz
Semois (very dry) 1 oz
C&D Night Train (aged 8 yrs) 1.5 oz
Gawith Ennerdale Flake (aged 8 yrs) 1 oz
Gawith Bob's Choc. Flake (aged 10 yrs) 1 oz
Dark Plug (aged 5 years) 1 oz +
Dark Flake Scented 1 oz
Dark Flake Scented 1 oz
Braken Flake (c. 2007) 1 oz
Kendal Plug (aged 2 yrs) 1 oz
#7 Broken Flake 1 oz
#7 Broken Flake 1 oz
Coniston Cut Plug 1 oz
Coniston Cut Plug 1 oz
Esoterica Blackpool 1 oz
Esoterica Blackpool 1 oz
Esoterica Ramsgate 1 oz
Esoterica Ramsgate 1 oz
Peretti Oriental #40 0.65 oz
Glengarry Flake 1/2 oz
Glengarry Flake 1/2 oz

That's really something...I might have just shed a tear. Going down periscope for the next 24 or so due to work stuff, but stand ready and able for whatever's clever!

Bingo!

We is there! The box is sealed and addressed. All I included was an address list. The first player to get the box can send to whomever he wants, and so on down the line to the end.

If at any point along the way someone has questions just PM me or post them here.

All players must post the items they take and the items they add back in (of equal value or better).

Cigars are free, no puts required. I though about making the Edgeworth free as well, but there's only six bags and someone would be left out. If anyone wants to volunteer to be 'out' or maybe split a bag with someone, I'll declare the ERR a freebie as well. Pretty cool, eh?

The first person to receive the box is:

jusanmedusa

This is due to his being cool enough to check dates with me for when he would be in Lower Slobovia, or whatever. Anyway, it goes out today, headed for Juan's place.

This is not intended to be a quiet, somber event. Chat it up, boys. It's part of the fun.

Blackhorse":dsq7orhr said:
Cigars are free, no puts required. I though about making the Edgeworth free as well, but there's only six bags and someone would be left out. If anyone wants to volunteer to be 'out' or maybe split a bag with someone, I'll declare the ERR a freebie as well. Pretty cool, eh?
I'll sit out the Edgeworth, as I've already tried it

This is not intended to be a quiet, somber event. Chat it up, boys. It's part of the fun.
But we're such a quiet, sober group! :roll:

I think it comes down to doing something right in a past life, not so much how I shine in this one. I can guarantee I won't be able to molest, I mean disfigure, I mean exchange that whole grand inventory.

Yeah...I think if someone took two of something there was two of...everyone would think them pretty stupid. lol

BTW: Here's a little something (well, actually it's pretty big) I just finished...I call it a Forest Toothpick. I posted details over in the DIY section. I love green!

Sorry I have been so quiet lately. Work has had me so busy, that I crashed and burned this weekend. Now that I am feeling quite human again, I shall be online more. I actually took today off from work as I was not fully recovered. This looks like an excellent box list. I shall do my best to include worthy additions.

--d4klutz

Regarding my comment on the Semois being very dry. I mean it's brittle it's so dry...but as I understand that's the way it's intended. It certainly seems to smoke well that way.

Sorry for not chiming in again earlier. Been out of town on vacation and was off the grid for it. Looks like a helluva box BH, thanks again for setting this up!

I just sent juanmedusa the tracking number for the big fat heavy box headed his way.

Whomever you decide to send it to, be sure to send them the tracking number as well.

So - we ended up with seven players (plus me), quite the select group. Probably  a very good thing. We'll likely be sneaking just past Thanksgiving as we finish and so will keep well away from the annual Christmas HooHaw thing here.

Hey! I have a good idea! Since this is at least. In part a Halloween event, everybody should put a candy bar in the box! And a question. Since they make those little "less fun" size bars to give out to kids, why don't they make like a Snickers bar that's 5 - 6 times bigger than regular for real men to get for themselves?!?!

OMG! I guess they DO!!!

http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/21895574

Snickers-Giant-1-Pound-Bar-133769-im2.jpg

Sitting here puffing a bowl of RB Plug, courtesy of DocT999 and the last thing we did. Excellent barnyard character.

Later.

It came to me first! Man, I slaughtered that box. I devastated it. There's nothing left for anyone but tears. That, actually, couldn't be further from true. I made 5 exchanges in total and like to think I wasn't to hard on any one genre or taste. I didn't mess with the Stonehaven so I trust someone is still feeling lucky. (Though I was compelled to at least smell it. Wonderful stuff.) I traded out the tin of Firedance Flake for a tin of Wessex Burley Slice 03/09. I traded out the tin of Pebblecut for a tin of Cairo 10/8/09. I traded out 1 oz of undated Blackpool for an oz of GH&Co. Black Cherry twist from 2012. I traded out 1 oz of undated Ramsgate for 1 oz of McClelland Blakeney's Best Acadian Ribbon from 2006. And lastly, and where I messed up, I traded out 1.55 oz of Aged Night Train for 50 grams of Aged SG Best Brown Flake from 2008. I mislabeled the sample of bbf as 2 oz but it is actually the total contents of a single tin I had just jarred. Therefore, of course, it was packed as 50 grams.
It seems I've started to jar and cellar some of the selections Blackhorse provided but my jarred cellar collection at this point is a bit juvenile in comparison. I saw no point in trading out similar things for younger versions other than selfishness so I didn't. I quite enjoyed this event. I'm more than excited about my acquisitions. I look forward to watching this progress.
The best news is I got this today on a day off, made my trades, and got it back to the post office. It is on it's way to its next target. I will pm the recipient now with the tracking number. There's a whole lot of stuff in there, I hope to see you all accelerate this from it's humble beginning. John.

UPDATED LIST.....

TINS (include date or tin code)

PCCA Tuscanny (072486)
C&D Sunday Picnic (010912)
GLP Cairo (10/8/09)
Escudo
MacBaren HH Old Dark Fired (7/2012)
Peterson University Flake (2/2013)
Dunhill Flake (2/2013)
Gawith St James Flake
Wessex Burley Slice (03/09)
Sorensen Flake
Peterson Irish Flake

BULK ITEMS (include age and weight)

Condor Blended (10/13) 50 gm
McClelland Blakeney's Best Arcadian Ribbon 1 oz. 2006
Semois (very dry) 1 oz
Semois (very dry) 1 oz
Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake (aged at least 6 years) 50 g. (mislabeled as 2 oz.)
Gawith Black Cherry Twist (Early 2012) 1 oz
Dark Flake Scented 1 oz
Dark Flake Scented 1 oz
#7 Broken Flake 1 oz
#7 Broken Flake 1 oz
Coniston Cut Plug 1 oz
Coniston Cut Plug 1 oz
Esoterica Blackpool 1 oz
Esoterica Ramsgate 1 oz
Peretti Oriental #40 0.65 oz
Glengarry Flake 1/2 oz
Glengarry Flake 1/2 oz

Sounds good to me. Does that mean I was in danger of becoming his cousin, I think, Slowpoke Gonzales? Man, that I wouldn't want. I didn't out the next recipient btw. Am I supposed to or even pm you directly for logistical purposes?

Go ahead and announce your choice to the rest of the group.

Keep your tracking number between the two of you & PM me with that as well.

Next player in line...no need to show the respectful restraint Speedy there did. Reap from the harvest boys.

And I hope you took your cigars? There was no mention of that, as well as the Edgeworth!!! Both those are freebies, as mentioned numerous times.

Dammit! I panicked on the freebies. Stupid, stupid. I'm a timely moron, which is one of the best kind imho. Anyways, drumroll, the next recipient is DrT999.

I imagine you can talk one of the other guys into sending those back your way. If not I'll do it when the box comes home.

Let the Doc know what day your receipt says delivery is expected d. He's in a unique situation as far as package delivery is concerned. Might help him to know.

Blackhorse":yviqtg5o said:
I just sent juanmedusa the tracking number for the big fat heavy box headed his way.

Whomever you decide to send it to, be sure to send them the tracking number as well.

So - we ended up with seven players (plus me), quite the select group. Probably  a very good thing. We'll likely be sneaking just past Thanksgiving as we finish and so will keep well away from the annual Christmas HooHaw thing here.

Hey! I have a good idea! Since this is at least. In part a Halloween event, everybody should put a candy bar in the box! And a question. Since they make those little "less fun" size bars to give out to kids, why don't they make like a Snickers bar that's 5 - 6 times bigger than regular for real men to get for themselves?!?!

OMG! I guess they DO!!!

http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/21895574

Snickers-Giant-1-Pound-Bar-133769-im2.jpg

Sitting here puffing a bowl of RB Plug, courtesy of DocT999 and the last thing we did. Excellent barnyard character.

Later.
Yeah BH, because real men like the 14inchers, not those little 3 inch ones!!

Re the freebies...it's a geed lesson in the importance of reading all the posts here for directions and stuff. That and asking questions if you're unclear on any aspect of ops.