Handy tool for cleaning.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.A.

Reaction score
Hope all had a good Thanksgiving, I've been meaning to post this for some time now finally got around to taking a picture,

This is a set of airbrush cleaning brushes 5 sizes ranging from about the size of a pencil to the size of a pencil lead twisted wire shanks on a split key ring.

I get them from Harborfreight tool item # 68155 cost 2-3 buck depending on sales I pick mine up locally. I find them great for cleaning pipes, more ridgid than a regular pipe cleaner, they do well for a good scrubbing of the stem or shank of a pipe.

And the small sizes let you clean the bit area well. being short them have limited range but quite handy none the less. I find them a good tool to have for pipe cleaning thought I would share the experience.

Thanks. I see lots of uses for those brushes. Shall get some tomorrow...

Not a bad idea. Better than trying to run my .22 cal bore snake through a stem...

... :lol:

8)

WTF Kyle? You don't like Lakeland, but you'll smoke Hoppe's #9? :lol:

Mmmmmm. Cubed straight Burley with a casing of Hoppe's #9, a REAL MANS Aro for sure !! :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":ix3sl36w said:
Mmmmmm. Cubed straight Burley with a casing of Hoppe's #9, a REAL MANS Aro for sure !! :twisted: :twisted:
I like the smell when cleaning my lone handgun. Smoking it would be terribad. :no:

As a joke, I dabbed some Hoppe's #9 on my neck when I went out for a shindig--just to see if folks would notice. People thought I smelled marvelous. :heart:

8)

A little Rem-oil sprayed under the arms and you're ready for the gun show

Erik Nording via McClelland is the only one I know of that has anything even close to a gun-related tobacco with his "Hunter" blends.

There ought to be more.

Speaking of which, my crafty side wanted to make "man candles," that smell of Latakia, or leather furniture, or cigar, or freshly-cut wood...evergreen forest...that kind of thing...I'm adding gun-scent to the roster. :lol: That'd be neat.

Kyle Weiss":cblofca8 said:
Erik Nording via McClelland is the only one I know of that has anything even close to a gun-related tobacco with his "Hunter" blends.

There ought to be more.

Speaking of which, my crafty side wanted to make "man candles," that smell of Latakia, or leather furniture, or cigar, or freshly-cut wood...evergreen forest...that kind of thing...I'm adding gun-scent to the roster. :lol: That'd be neat.
Yankee Candle makes one called Mountain Lodge or something like that, that smells a bit like pipe smoke. They also have one called Fireside that smells like, well, a fireside. Both are pretty nice.

Also, just remembered that they have one called Leather too, so you're on the right track.

AND, they have several different evergreen scents. :D

Smell't them. They...aren't quite right. I mean, they're okay, but methinks they were for appeasing the man-side of candles while still being pleasing to the woman-kind.

I want lodge-style candles. Something that doesn't cover up the smell of a just-removed hunting boot that's been on the wearer's foot for four days, but melds with it. Candles that smell like bacon. Slow-smoked ribs. Gun oil.

And Latakia... :twisted:

I know there's been tries, but they're too weak. Meh. Just an ongoing thought. Will I come up with a solution? Who knows. :lol:

8)

Back to the OP's topic.... thanks for the info! Gotta love Harbor Freight. Cheap Asian products we all love to hate but buy anyway. I'll be picking these up tomorrow.