Hangin' up the uniform

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3604

Reaction score
Well, it's time. After what will be 28 1/2 years of policing I will be retiring May 31 2015....and I can't wait! I'll sure miss my platoon mates - we have a ball and laugh a lot  - but I wont miss the work and the shifts. My wife and family have sacrificed a lot in the way of me missing Christmases, birthdays and not not being home at night for a week at a time. My wife deserves a medal!!

I'm still trying to get my head around not doing the job.

Hopefully I'll have more time to do the stuff I live for on my days off now!

Wow!

Congrats on the retiring thing. And there are many old coppers here already. So you are in good company.

I'll let them all come forward in due course, as it might not be appropriate for me to list them. But there are more than a few.

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Congratulations Beeman! I'm sure at times it was a thankless job, but you should be proud of the fact that you have done so much to make life better for so many. Best wishes for a long and happy retirement.
Mike.

Congrats, Beeman. Thank you for your service, and for your family's sacrifiece. I hope you enjoy your well deserved retirement.

I was forced into retirement and I still don't regret it.
Enjoy, you've earned it!

Congratulations, brother! I'm one of those who were forced into retirement early. You sir earned it! Thanks to you and your family for the sacrifices over the years. I for one appreciate it.

Thanks folks, appreciate the nice comments :) -although I didn't post the news for accolades.

Feels weird to say that word, "retire". I don't feel old, at least not until I'm into my 4th night shift!! :lol:

Enjoy the down time: Every one asks me when i will retire I am 65 no and am a sales rep."My answer is when the maid at the Holliday inn finds me dead! :lol:

Congrats on your retirement. Both my brothers are retired cops.

RJ

Well, I hope all you B's OB are having a good start to your 2016. I've been away from the site for a while due to the changes since retiring.

Well, I've retired as of last spring. Since then I worked for a honeybee breeder for the summer to learn more about my 22 year hobby and prepare for a new sideline business of breeding and selling bees. In August I moved 4 1/2 hours north of where I was into "near north" Ontario to a small, somewhat isolated community and away from chemical agricultural sprays to start this venture. I've been busy cutting firewood for a wood stove I hope to install next fall and making new friends in the area. I will say, retirement is most highly recommended if possible. My wife seems to enjoy it too!

I've really been looking forward to some contemplative smokes up here but I got really sick with a flu and throat infection, the latter lasting for 3 months and preventing me from any thoughts of a good pipe smoke. Finally though, I think it's over and I'm ready enjoy a bowl of Blackwoods Flake or two in the coming days.

I've missed BOB and I'm looking forward to following some of the fine postings here again.

Congratulations..The only problem with being retired is you never know when you have a day off.

Glad to see you back Beeman. Enjoy the new found freedoms of retirement to rural life. Glad to hear you're feeling better too.

Jim

Glad to know you're OK!! Now get to raising those baby bees!!! We need more honey bees. Welcome back :cheers: FTRPLT

Well done , enjoy all your upcoming free time, kick back and smoke your pipe more than ever.

Hi Beeman,

Congrats on the many years' Service and for retiring too! Looks like you're busier than ever and involved in what must be one of the must interesting hobbies ever (yes, could be the briar, but I refer to the bees).

Anyhoooo, pleased to make your acquaintance, hope you're feeling better soon, and enjoy that liquid gold.

Thanks y'all! Good to be back. Cut some more wood today and sitting here watching to see if the Toronto Maple Leafs can come up with a new way of losing! :roll: