Happy Birthday Showme 1 or 2

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ol'Dawg":s7mwrcc4 said:
LL,

Do you still have his Dunhill?
Do you mean showme's? I'm not sure if it is the one you're talking about, but there was a Dunnie in the batch he sent to the shop. They've all been back in his hands for a while now, though.

Justpipes":o0ga21xi said:
LL":o0ga21xi said:
I think we're talking about different Garys. I meant showme, not CP.
Well, that explains it!

I am glad you worked things out with Showme (Gary). Maybe you can work things out with CP (Gary).

Maybe you can hang around and contribute some legitimate posts occasionally.
They might have the same first name, but the similarities stop there, I'm afraid. CP is beyond working things out with anyone at the moment. I hope he gets the help he needs (meaning professional) so that doesn't remain the case forever.

As for the other, I'm not sure why you correlate posting frequency with legitimacy.

LL,

A while back you volunteered to fix his Showme's Dunhill that had antifreeze damage. (which I thought was quite admirable) When we corresponded a few weeks ago, he told me you were still working on it.

Jim

LL":ejyyebvr said:
As for the other, I'm not sure why you correlate posting frequency with legitimacy.
I do not correlate posting frequency with legitimacy but I do correlate content with legitimacy.

There is a place in this forum that one can post their thoughts and feelings not related to pipe smoking or positive content as they wish as long as it does not convey personal threats. Apparently this policy is more flexible with certain individuals than others. I understand that this is a somewhat private forum established by individuals that have the right to do what they wish. On the other hand, I don't see right, wrong and fairness flippantly and I don't take unfairness for granted or see it as some right of passage based upon the popularity of any individual.

Ol'Dawg":s7czud7o said:
LL,

A while back you volunteered to fix his Showme's Dunhill that had antifreeze damage. (which I thought was quite admirable) When we corresponded a few weeks ago, he told me you were still working on it.
I just checked, and his box-O-stuff was returned on May 2nd.

Although I seldom 'Mod' outside of my twisted domain..I will here...If you wish to wish Show a happy B-day feel free, otherwise knock it off or take it to the rubber room. This is not the place to discuss the Right or Wrong of board actions. Period.

Justpipes":ugyi00kc said:
LL":ugyi00kc said:
I do not correlate posting frequency with legitimacy but I do correlate content with legitimacy.

There is a place in this forum that one can post their thoughts and feelings not related to pipe smoking or positive content as they wish as long as it does not convey personal threats. Apparently this policy is more flexible with certain individuals than others. I understand that this is a somewhat private forum established by individuals that have the right to do what they wish. On the other hand, I don't see right, wrong and fairness flippantly and I don't take unfairness for granted or see it as some right of passage based upon the popularity of any individual.
What ARE you running on about? I haven't posted here but a half dozen times since this board's original meltdown, and doubt I will any more frequently than that. I did this time because my exchange with showme was cut off suddenly, like a plug pulled from the wall, and he stopped posting at the same moment as well. It seemed like a legitimate concern, especially given that he didn't acknowledge his own birthday thread. If you want to make a speech about something then ask Dock if he'll let you make a sticky post. Or whatever. Damn.

If you're trying to obliquely re-open CP's "case" then talk to the mods and/or Dock. They know a lot more about it than either you do (or I care to).

PB -- we posted simultaneously. I agree. Flush all this justpipes back and forth as far as I'm concerned.