Happy IPSD 2021 everyone

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Timbo...You got a bit of a head start on us (LOL!!). WX may allow me to sneak in a bowl later this afternoon!! Everyone have a great IPSD day!!!!!!!!!!!! FTRPLT

I know that the Vancouver Pipe Club started the idea of IPSD, but how did they come up with a date in February? Personally I would have avoided summer or winter because many pipe smokers have weather issues that put their enjoyment on hold. I would have gone with Spring or Autumn. If anybody knows the story behind this or has a link to share I'm curious to see how this all came about. Meanwhile, Happy IPSD everyone!

Happy IPS Day! I celebrated with two bowls of Lakeland Dark; I hope all who wanted to managed a bowl or more as well!

Yeah, differing timezones have their ups and downs, one of the worst is trying to figure out when to call someone on the other side of the world, particulary if you're bad at maths.

Had a quick bowl of Xmas spice in a Pete system yesterday before leaving home. Tried to grab a bowl last evening but in a non smoking motel room. Went out on the balcony but wind was about 25 mph so gave up after 5 min. Back home tonight where I will be able to enjoy again.

As ftrply mentions, the SP blog about IPSD is good. Interesting that yesterday when I did a Google search on International Pipe Smoking Day the suggested Google response highlighted in a text box talked about the Vancouver Pipe Club starting the idea (maybe just in North America?), but today I can find no such article with searches. Must have been taken down. First time that has ever happened to me. Anyway, now I know the reason for the date, even if it is rather lame and not well-considered from a marketing point of view. Whatever, the sales are a good excuse to give into TAD and PAD!