Happy Mardi Gras!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've wanted to party in the big easy during Mardi gras for years. It's hard to beat a good parade, great jazz, a cold drink, and beads. The wife and I are thinking about hopping on the city of New Orleans in the fall and staying a couple of days.

It is a lot of fun but has changed considerably over the years. As a young man I can remember walking around the Frencb Quarter. Hurricane in hand and tossing beads to the women hanging off the hotel outside balconies, stopping on the street outside the jazz clubs to listen. Yep, it was a lot of fun back then.

0F3FE2A2-060C-4044-ACC2-00A78D2528CF.jpeg

Down in Cajun Land, we do it different, ride horses, go from farm to farm Begging for a chicken to make a Big Gumbo that night, revel till Midnight then it’s Lent!

The wife and I went to Mardi Gras fifteen years, it was a great time, I even stopped in to Payless Pipes even though it wasn't open to the public! We took the long way home, a few nights in Memphis and a few nights in Nashville.