Happy National Cat Day!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't aware of this. Will have to give my cat Blue some extra treat when I get home. :oops: 

YEAH!!  Kittehs !! Here's my three:

Hidey, 8 yo spotted grey tabby

Pretty, Dilute Blue Callico, 7 yo, blind

and the baby of the three, Shaggy, seal point Burmese 5 yo

They all are feral kittehs I've tamed. My girls :twisted: :twisted: 

Great pics Michael. Your "concubine" looks like they're well adjusted and comfortable.

I don't have a digital camera, otherwise I'd post pics of my Gomez. He's a 15+ yrs old pixi-bob and has been my
buddy and companion since I got him as an 8 wk old kitten. We bonded the first day.

He's getting to be an old timer, but still pretty healthy and spry. Hope he goes on for many more years.

Sadly, his "sister" Dixie passed earlier this year. She was from the same parents but a litter a couple yrs apart. So Gomez is now an "only
child". And is making the most of it!

I've had cats and dogs all my life starting as a young child. Both are great companions in their own ways. Someday I'll have another doggie.
Right now cats make the most sense.

:heart: 

Cheers,

RR

Interesting. Our cats seem to believe that every day is National Cat Day! :shock: 

Michael, congratulations on the taming. I didn't know that ferals can be socialized. A woman in an apartment complex where I I once lived adopted about a dozen that were living, or had the ill fortune to have fallen into, a storm sewer. They pe-ed here apartment up handsomely and she never did get civilized cats out of them though her intentions and actions were top-notch.

alfredo_buscatti":u6fz1rvl said:
Michael, congratulations on the taming. I didn't know that ferals can be socialized. A woman in an apartment complex where I I once lived adopted about a dozen that were living, or had the ill fortune to have fallen into, a storm sewer. They pe-ed here apartment up handsomely and she never did get civilized cats out of them though her intentions and actions were top-notch.
They will "attach" themselves to one person and if you start when they are kittens, and still part of a litter, they will socialize better with other cats in the household. Doesn't mean they won't have spits/spats with each other at times. Cats are more individualistic than dogs. I've got a feral "colony" of three in my backyard now. I have trapped them one at a time and had them fixed so that they won't breed and my yard is their territory. If ya can't tell. I LIKE KITTEHS :twisted:  :twisted: 

Carlos":ciuftg2n said:
Cats are evil.  You can see it in their eyes.  :shock:   And they will steal your breath while you sleep.  
They only kill what NEEDS to die, vermin etc. :twisted: :twisted: 

cat_ea10.jpg

8) 

I miss my kitteh. He's a super guy, unfortunately after the ex husband and I split I moved into a pet free rental. So, my Evanrude ('cause he purrs like the motor, Rudy for short) went to live with my parents. They are official kitteh spoilers so he's much happier there anyway, but gosh I miss his headbutts and his nice snuggles at night. He's now a mighty mouse hunter and brings his catch into the house for Mom and Dad because he has no idea what to do with them once he's caught one. Mom and Dad are, as they should be, very impressed, then dispose of Rudy's catch.

monbla256":3n7a11lm said:
Hidey, 8 yo spotted grey tabby
Hidey2.jpg
She is gorgeous, looks so much like my Cleopatra used to, I miss my little angel so much, glad you have such a delightful little sweetheart to keep you company. :heart: 

I had no idea there was such a thing as National Cat Day but I'm sure my 3 girls know about it. One is 5 months, one 5 years and my girl Sade will be 19 in April and is doing great. She was 6 weeks old when I got her and we've been best pals ever since. Of course they're all spoiled rotten.

alfredo_buscatti":u2th99wp said:
As Michael pointed out, feral kittens can be reclaimed as kittens. The greatest danger is FIV which unfortunately can be passed on to other cats in your household or neighborhood. I do fundraising and volunteer at a shelter called Tabbie's Place in NJ. The website is a www.tabbysplace.org. It's a remarkable facility that serves as a last resort for ferals, cats with incredible stories of disabilities, injury, or mistreatment. You can read a lot about feral cats and their issues on the site if you are interested. just thought I'd share.