Happy New Year and Hello

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drakpack

Reaction score
Greetings Brothers, Just wanted to say hi and wish you all a Happy New Year. I'm not too blog savvy so sorry
for delay in sayin Hi. I live in sunny Southern California and came back to pipe smoking a few years ago after a
long hiatus. I used to smoke at work a lot but then the smoking laws became more strict. Happy to say I've
gone whole hog over last few years building cellar and collecting estate pipes, also have dipped my toes into estate
tobaccos too. I'm a big J.F. Germain fan, and think they make the best "products". Big fan of their Esoterica
lines (how original, right) and blends they do for Smokers' Haven. I go to UK & Europe once or twice a year
and pick up some fun stuff over there. Hoping to make pilgrimage to the Jersey Islands and see their shop!
I also go to some Euro websites and mail order. But here at home it's the usual wait for a Germain's drop
and call around frantically and hope for the best. On the pipe side I really enjoy estate pipes of all kinds.
I'm not a big "name"collector of pipes. I enjoy unusual shapes and designs. Not too much fantasy stuff, but
architectural and sometimes a bit silly. I enjoy smoking Meerschaums and cobs as well. Anyway, so I'm here
and appreciate any and all puffing info. Different websites, brick & mortars, videos.pipe clubs, blends,
bring it on please. Ok my Brothers happy piping 2019  
Drakpack

Welcome aboard, brother. Glad you made it. Be patient as it takes a bit to figure out how everything works here, and where things are located.

I hope you find what you're looking for. There are quite a few knowledgeable people around these parts who are more than happy to share information. IMO, Its a good bunch of eggs.

Anyway, always a pleasure to see you at the OC pipe club meetup. I'll try to make the next L.A. meetup if I can.

BB