Happy Thanksgiving

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zanaspus

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow BoBbers. Best wishes and don't eat too much!

Gobble! Gobble!

I hope everyone has a safe and great thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it!

Any fun or interesting traditions, annual chores, etc. anyone care to share?

Annual chore: grading. The days off give me time to grade essays (the least favorite thing most professors do). This year's total, 98. Remaining to do today, 9 (with 35 more to do by Sunday)

Annual tradition: dust off the colonial clay tavern pipe for the afternoon smoke!

Blackhorse":18xloz3z said:
Sounds like DocT999 has a schedule...a few each day.  Good plan.
I wish I could share some here; after reading them, you'd see why 12-15 a day is all I can do :shock:

My wife and I got the flu or food poisoning on Tuesday night, so that ruined today's plans. :x

Stick":fziwn1gp said:
Hope you're having a wonderful day over there everyone!
Thanks! My shipped sashimi and sake' showed up yesterday, so munching on uni, seared ahi, various fish roe, etc....

But, since last night a wild turkey trespassed and got mortally wounded in a perimeter trap, I figured, why not? So, he's in the oven for later. Waste not, want not!

I am thankful for all the kind folks I have met on this forum and I am grateful for the friendships I have formed here.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! 8)

My best Thanksgiving wishes for all of the fine folks here on BoB!

22898026-a-turkey-with-a-black-hat-and-a-ribbon-in-thanksgiving-day.jpg

Cheers,

RR

We survived Thanksgiving Dinner round two Saturday as we watched Ohio State-Michigan.

My family as moved to this format due to the fact we kids have 5 different family dinners between us to attend for thanksgiving. Plus we all like to get together to eat and watch the game.

DrT999":104k1eux said:
Annual chore: grading.  The days off give me time to grade essays (the least favorite thing most professors do).  This year's total, 98.  Remaining to do today, 9 (with 35 more to do by Sunday)

Done! :cheers: Off to enjoy the rest of the day, starting with a bowl of Sterling Flake in a straight Country Gentleman cob. Tomorrow, I get to hear things like 'but I turned in a sentence fragment for the 1500 word essay; why didn't I get my A+?" and "Oh, there were lots of good reasons I didn't turn it in on time, so just accept it now for full credit." :roll: