Happy Turkey Day!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
A few days early I realize; however the wife and I are heading out in the morning. Spending Thanksgiving with her family in Houston. Won't be around here until next Monday. Please think of all the wonderful things for which we have to be thankful!! Be kind and giving to those in need. On a personal note, please remember our men and women in our Armed Forces. Many of those are spending this holiday overseas, in training, on board ship, sitting alert; all the while separated from their families and loved ones. FTRPLT

Absolutely…to all and sundry here and abroad…a day to focus on being thankful for the good stuff.

Both my adult children (27 & 34 and both still single) have to either work or are set to do an event with a different household. Fine. We’re set to do “the big dinner event” on Friday...that way the kids can overnight and since no one has to drive home we get to have champagne. WooHooo! It’s not the specific day that matters it’s that we’re able to get all of us together as a family. We’re fortunate in that regard as we all live pretty close and really enjoy each other’s company. So we get family time for four birthdays and most major holidays...at least the ones with a traditional ‘big dinner’ involved…Thanksgiving (turkey), Easter (ham) & Christmas (roast beef). Yup, so much to be thankful for.

The dinner? For me it’s the turkey. And the stuffing…traditional giblet in the bird and corn bread with apples & pecans as a casserole. Hmmm. I gotta think of a stuffing to go with the ham & roast beef dinners too! Ideas?

It was a very nice, quiet Thanksgiving with the older daughter (43) and her husband. I always feel a touch of sadness when I'm with them because I think they'd have made wonderful parents. Neither wanted kids. I watched a lot of crappy football and ate a very traditional turkey and dressing Thanksgiving.