Hard legislation STAKE

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to be s lot to that law there. This whole need to be 21 to buy tobacco seems a bit crazy. I now have Soldiers who can't buy their own cigarettes, sooo how old does one need to be to be considered an adult?

D.L.Ruth":osao3el2 said:
Seems to be s lot to that law there. This whole need to be 21 to buy tobacco seems a bit crazy. I now have Soldiers who can't buy their own cigarettes, sooo how old does one need to be to be considered an adult?
Old enough to serve their country, old enough to make those other choices too, in my mind. It's a different time we live in.

I guess Ol' Sarge, the drill instructor, can't say "smoke'em if you got'em" anymore without an ID check!!! FWIW,, several of my military organizations have asked for the military to be exempt from this nonsense. However, the "PTB" crowd is quite sure they know what is best for all of us!! :p FTRPLT

Ozark Wizard":bidvq6pz said:
D.L.Ruth":bidvq6pz said:
Old enough to serve their country, old enough to make those other choices too, in my mind. It's a different time we live in.
Bang on, Oz.

Ozark Wizard":ax9kpdf8 said:
D.L.Ruth":ax9kpdf8 said:
Exactly right. This law is is just another attack on individual rights by the nanny state.
:roll:

I think cigarettes are really a secondary issue. It's about special interest groups, ie insurance companies, not wanting to bear the cost of smoking related disease. It is cost driven. Corporate interests are what form policy, not the idea of individual freedom. Freedom serves profit. :lol!: