• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Brothers of Briar and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Harmonicas.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
So...I collect stuff. Sometimes it’s stuff I plan to use. Sometimes it’s just cause I like it. I’ve started collecting harmonicas...ten hole diatonic harmonicas primarily. Yes, I play them...as a total beginner. Just getting started.

So this is a WTT: Anyone have one or more unused harmonica(s) gathering dust...but not broken or flawed in any way? Anyone want to trade said instrument(s) for tobacco? Or maybe a pipe? Etc. No beat up cheapo items need apply. Looking for non-Chinese instruments that currently retail for $35 - $100. Standard keys...C A D G E, etc. No minor or exotic tuning.

PM me if so and maybe we can figure something out.

—————

Does this follow user guidelines? Well, it’s kinda grey. Normal offers should include an item and it’s price. Trade offers are often harder to pin down. If a trade offer names something a guy has and generally what he’s looking for and then the trade details are concluded privately...I’m OK with it.

I ain't got none, but...well, cool!  8)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6MZw_Iv0wdU" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

I have one old Hohner that belonged to my F-I-L. It was given to me when he passed away. I started playing it and then bought a cheap set of them in keys from A to G. I'm not very good at it, I keep getting tongue-tied!!! I'd never get rid of them.

I've got a brand new Toots Theilman model that I keep telling myself that I am going to try to learn how to play.

hobie1dog":xrgxaxax said:
I've got a brand new Toots Theilman model that I keep telling myself that I am going to try to learn how to play.
So, that’s a chromatic not a diatonic...right? It has a slide?

Pretty cool instrument, that.

His most famous song "Bluesette"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yKnG_9q4crA" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

One of the most beautiful songs ever written.  Some people say that it was Toots best solo ever. Done with the composer Pat Metheny

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wcAkEl6AV5Y" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

D.L.Ruth":vkk8ntu9 said:
Hmmm I might have a few if they didn't get lost somewhere, let me see if I can dig them up

Please don’t go to a lot of trouble on my account. Even though I’d love to see your harps I’m pretty much done buying. Currently up to my armpits...lol.

Blackhorse":i4xewei4 said:
D.L.Ruth":i4xewei4 said:
Hmmm I might have a few if they didn't get lost somewhere, let me see if I can dig them up

Please don’t go to a lot of trouble on my account.  Even though I’d love to see your harps I’m pretty much done buying. Currently up to my armpits...lol.
Well already found them (getting ready to move so going through everything anyway). I have 3 Hohners, two in the key of C (different octaves) and one in D. They're yours if you want them. I have a chromatic that I use from time to time so have never used the three.