Has anyone ordered any FVF from Pipes & Cigars lately?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bent Stem

Reaction score
Just wondering because I had an order from late April/early May that I got shorted 1lb on and I keep getting told that it's on backorder.

Through June I would routinely check in at several on line retailers, pipes&cigars being one of them for FVF and was only able to find it at a decent price at Smokers Haven. I got three pounds in yesterday from them, now I notice they are out of the 1 pound boxes. I'm guessing there was another run on baccy with the FDA thing in Congress. Maybe you should call them for a refund?
Good luck!

Last summer there seemed to be shortage of Proper English. I ordered a pound or two, and it was backordered, so they held my entire order for 3 months. I finally called and substituted something else for it.

I have foudn that it is better to order by phone, and to constantly ask "is it in stock."

Thanks guys. I may have to do one of those two suggestions soon. Does me no good to wait for months when the tobacco I ordered was for aging!?!

Last I checked, Balkan Sasieni is in backorder from marscigars; there are places that are either backordered or down to a relatively few tins on other popular blends such as Penzance, Best Brown Flake and even Squadron Leader, among others. Don't know if these problems are due to temporary supplier shortages, distributor problems, a buyer stock-up frenzy resulting from recent legislation, or combinations thereof.