Have I become a foul mouthed bastard or what?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIPIPE

Reaction score
This morning I'm starting right off with a bowl of Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard. Yesterday morning my first pipe was Billy Budd. I followed the Billy with a favorite all day Partagas Black Label Magnifico. The more I enjoy my smokes the more I realize that it's a good thing I have a house to myself. Captain Black would be run out of town by the aroma of my smokes and so would any ladies who might be around. So am asking my brothers who also tread this path, "Are we foul mouthed bastards or what?"

I understand what you're saying. I have the house the house to myself this weekend and I don't think anyone besides another grizzled, tolerant, brother could manage to tolerate more than a quarter of football without a lot of numbing libations. Started with my habitual bowl of a mild Aro in a meer but it has gone downhill - up for me - from there. Just finished a bowl of the strongest baccy I ever bought - so strong in N and aroma that i had sealed it up for the last two years. WOW what a time! Not even the dog is getting close to me. I'm sure I'll air the place out this afternoon - even in freezing temps - before the family returns this evening.

Enjoy when you can. The empty house and car alone may be all we have available before long as the PC police keep advancing.

Sounds happily like the making of a BoB stinkers club.

That's the rule with pipe tobacco. The best tasting sheat is the worst smelling sheat.

Bet your ass and that "ain't no sheet"!

See that monster bowl in my face? I'm smokin' that one right at this moment and it's filled with Billy Bud. Shit, what a good smoke.

Understood. I hear you guys loud and clear.

That's why I love the lounge at our store - any store - so much. I equally love the smoker's library at the Elks Club. Bankers, doctors, guys working two nearly full-time jobs to support their family... They all come together for "therapy", strong drink and smelly smoke, with no judgement passed. Just relax, enjoy what you enjoy, welcome the company around you, work out a solution for the difficult problem that's been bothering you, or just simply decompress after a long day.

For those who can do this in solitary or in the comfort of their own home - all the better. Everyone should have the opportunity to have this release valve. It's important.

Out of curiosity, I looked up Becks Ol Limey Bastard and Billy Bud on the tobacco review forum and could find neither one posted. I realize no one may have posted or sometimes they get buried under a sub category or something.

I just tested the tobacco review site for you.

Select Browse by Brand and then select Cornell & Diehl. Once the C&D brand opens scroll down to blend #63 for Billy Budd

Select the advanced search area on the very top right side of your screen
key in beck's ol' limey bastard hit the enter (arrow) button and it will come up

LIPIPE":p9uo39zo said:
I just tested the tobacco review site for you.
Found em. Thanks! Billy Bud sounds to be my kind of bud. Latakia and nic. Definately on my try list.

Jlong: When you order the Billy Budd also order some C&D Engine 99. You won't be sorry and you pipe will love you.

LIPIPE":3iuqiyxj said:
Jlong: When you order the Billy Budd also order some C&D Engine 99. You won't be sorry and you pipe will love you.
Thanks for the heads up. Been eying that blend along with Bow Legged Bear.

I agree, most tobaccos that smell good, just don't taste good. I smoke for me, not the crowd. Last year, I was fortunate to visit B&B in Asheville, NC, the home of Becks Ol Limey Bastard. It is a relatively small place, and looks like a small home was converted to a shop. When I was there, they only had 8 oz total of OLB made up, and my brother and I bought it all. It is marketed as a clone to 965, but it really isn't, it is a good deal milder. By the way, the OLB it is named after is Alfred Dunhill.

I'm officially a member of the foul-mouth club. The wife came out into my workshop last night and said "good god, that really stinks". Mmmmm, GLP Meridian at its finest!

Welcome to the fold Al. We are manly, we stink, but we are all still loveable. Our's are hands down, the best smokes on the planet. Truly an aroma to come home to. BTW a hint to any guy who needs to clear some air before his wife arrives.....just put a chicken in the oven to roast. Your honey will love you for preparing dinner and you have freshened your household until your next pipe.

LIPIPE":va6fjr1y said:
Welcome to the fold Al. We are manly, we stink, but we are all still loveable. Our's are hands down, the best smokes on the planet. Truly an aroma to come home to. BTW a hint to any guy who needs to clear some air before his wife arrives.....just put a chicken in the oven to roast. Your honey will love you for preparing dinner and you have freshened your household until your next pipe.
We are manly, we stink, but we are all still loveable
Ok, that is our motto!

I just have to open the workshop door and gargle with a little Listerine, than, I'm ready to rock.

Back when the Bufflehead Tobacco Company was still in business, Dave Windsor had a Latakia blend called Emperor Goose. He didn't list the ingredients on the label but I have an idea there was some Cavendish in it because it was a very black tobacco. It definitely had a good Latakia flavor, however, and my wife actually liked to room aroma of it. I really miss Dave and his blends, he had some great ones.

Smokey

jlong":ixztyyu1 said:
LIPIPE":ixztyyu1 said:
Thanks for the heads up. Been eying that blend along with Bow Legged Bear.
If its not too late, I'd throw in Star of the East as well. Jars of both Start of the East and Billy Budd sit proudly next to Penzance in my cupboard. C&D does heavy English really well, IMHO.

Dave_In_Philly":5gel2qle said:
If its not too late, I'd throw in Star of the East as well. Jars of both Start of the East and Billy Budd sit proudly next to Penzance in my cupboard. C&D does heavy English really well, IMHO.
Star of the East is in my rotation. Great stuff!! Also have a jar of Mississippi Mud. Another great C&D blend.