Have things just gone too far?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
Couldn't bring myself to post this in the food section, because I'm not so sure it's really food. It is about food, and has an image of food on it, and probably smells kinda like food.... At what point does society just put soylent green in a sack and put a picture of food on it? Have we arrived?

Actually, soylent green would have some nutritional value compared to this stuff....

image12.jpg

The grandkids were telling me about these. "AWESOME" and "TOTALLY WICKED" was what I was told.

I try to keep an open mind but I've never understood how waffles and chicken go together.

Waffles and BACON I could understand. Chicken and bacon, even bacon and bacon, but waffles?

Yes they have...

Pepsi flavored Cheetos. I don't think these are available in the US yet...but I can't say I really care to try them.

pepsi-flavored-cheetos.jpg

I just don't get it. Why flavor a potato chip? If you like chicken and waffles eat chicken and waffles.

flytyer":ji1qvecb said:
I just don't get it. Why flavor a potato chip? If you like chicken and waffles eat chicken and waffles.
It's almost like they're using potato chips like an NDS (Nicotine Delivery System), but in this case it would be FDS (Flavor Delivery System).

Disclaimer. I was able to take the picture of this bag because we purchased it. As Mark said, the kids think it's cool. We try to feed them about 90% wholesome food and 10% junk. It's just not fair to not let them have some fun, but they do understand it's not really good for them. I can't be a phony and preach 100% healthy to them while I sip my bourbon and eat my ice cream. We try to be reasonably healthy though and this kind of thing is a rare treat for them. Usually something like this would never get in the door.

My fear, however, is not the occasional fun (which on the surface this appears to be) but the overwhelming sense that most of the readily available and affordable food sold in most stores is engineered and toxic when it's the staple source of consumption. Soylent Green is here.

I will return with a tasting review :lol: 

I thought soylent green was an fictional engineered food source that became toxic to the people. Wasn't it from an old sci fi movie?

Edit, just read the wiki on the movie. Turns out soylent green was an engineered food source, that turned out to be made from human corpses. They probably died from eating chicken and waffles.

We had Hedgehog flavoured crisps in the UK for a spell, never tried them and they kind of disappeared quickly!

Briar Spirit":btogpry7 said:
We had Hedgehog flavoured crisps in the UK for a spell, never tried them and they kind of disappeared quickly!
Not disappeared, maybe just hibernating............

Fraternally

Jers

Roscoe's been doing chicken & waffles for years now. It's a helluva combination actually, though not to everyone's taste obviously! Just make sure you're burning off all those extra calories, 'cause that stuff kill ya if you eat enough of it! :twisted: 

YJhdYab.jpg

Calling it Soul Food is a stretch IMO, but it's definitely a traditional dish right across america. NPR did a piece on it a while back ... :arrow: 

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/02/14/172019116/fried-chicken-and-waffles-the-dish-the-south-denied-as-its-own

Briar Spirit":dyzkoyft said:
Didn't you post a link a while back about a man in your area that was eating road kill?

Road kill & Waffles. :p 

Now which goes best with fish or meat?

ATT00018.jpg

ATT00020.jpg

Maybe on cereal?

Not really! The idea is to SELL, SELL,SELL. Profit at all costs !! :twisted: :twisted: