Have things just gone too far?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Briar Spirit":l03yrrwk said:
We had Hedgehog flavoured crisps in the UK for a spell, never tried them and they kind of disappeared quickly!
Made me think for a minute. In the artificial taste testing department, someone would have had to say "Hey, this tastes just like hedgehog!". Which means that someone had to eaten a hedgehog in the past. Then I remembered a story about people eating hedgehogs during WW2!

bosun1":jrsgf9rr said:
Briar Spirit":jrsgf9rr said:
We had Hedgehog flavoured crisps in the UK for a spell, never tried them and they kind of disappeared quickly!
Made me think for a minute.  In the artificial taste testing department, someone would have had to say "Hey, this tastes just like hedgehog!".  Which means that someone had to eaten a hedgehog in the past. Then I remembered a story about people eating hedgehogs during WW2!
And don't forget Muskrat! Yummm! just pick out the asphalt and throw'er on the grill.

DrumsAndBeer":zo3a9j96 said:
Briar Spirit":zo3a9j96 said:
Didn't you post a link a while back about a man in your area that was eating road kill?

Road kill & Waffles. :p 
No, that was Andy (a.k.a. Greyson) who hasn't been seen for some time.

:?: 

Cheers,

RR

I'm not gonna pull the "my body is a temple" b.s., but I can certainly say it isn't a science experiment nor a waste disposal facility. Gross. :no:

Kyle Weiss":u5xl3lxl said:
I'm not gonna pull the "my body is a temple" b.s., but I can certainly say it isn't a science experiment nor a waste disposal facility. Gross. :no:
You get hungry enough you'll be eating bugs and looking forward to a nice fresh road kill snake!

chicken and waffles can actually be pretty good together. there is a restaurant in palo alto that i go to that does california style new orleans (sounds awful, ends up pretty damn good) that does seasonal chicken and waffles. usually it's free range organic chicken (fried) with cornmeal waffles and cranberry butter. it's amazing. fatty, full of calories, and delicious. served with gravy and hotsauce. yes hotsauce is one word here.

the processed chips and whatnot do gross me out though. how many flavors can you make up while pumping people full of msg and other chemicals that are designed to make your gross nasty fake food more addictive? but that's okay. we can tax tobacco and pay for hospital care for the obese...

I saw those new bags of chips recently.
I think it was baked potato and cheddar cheese and bacon flavor, with a picture of a baked potato... Caused me to look twice.
Oh and Roscoes rocks!
There's one around the corner from here.
Just don't try to go on Sunday after church...

I don't understand why many of you are disgusted by Chicken & Waffles. It's been around for a good long time. If you like fried chicken and you like waffles, you'll like them together.
I personally like it and can have it for breakfast, lunch or supper, I find nothing strange in it.
Some like to put syrup on there chicken and that's fine, I put syrup on my bacon when I have pancakes,waffles or the like with it. I'd certainly rather eat that then liver or cows brains. I suppose your all disgusted by Craw-fish too, it's just small lobster if ya ask me. Although I'm not a head sucker I enjoy my share of Craw-fish.

I'd eat chicken and waffles. Pigs in a blanket is good, why not chicken and waffles? I've never tried it, but I certainly would if I were near a Roscoes.

But the chemically engineered potato chips.... :suspect: 

When I want to feel my arteries harden while I eat, I just go to Jack In The Box and order the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger with Curly Fries and a coulpe of 99-cent tacos on the side (with ranch dressing to dip them in).

8) 

Puff Daddy":0wsc7zzv said:
I'd eat chicken and waffles. Pigs in a blanket is good, why not chicken and waffles? I've never tried it, but I certainly would if I were near a Roscoes.

But the chemically engineered potato chips.... :suspect: 
IHOP serves it here. And yes, wouldn't touch those but, I stay away from all chips, just not interested in MORE saturated fat.

bosun1":8lkwbnji said:
Kyle Weiss":8lkwbnji said:
I'm not gonna pull the "my body is a temple"  b.s., but I can certainly say it isn't a science experiment nor a waste disposal facility.   Gross.  :no:
You get hungry enough you'll be eating bugs and looking forward to a nice fresh road kill snake!
Been there.  Many times.  At first by need, then, oddly, by developed taste.   :mrgreen:

(...did I just ruin my street cred as a tobacco reviewer?...)  

I'd much, much, much rather eat a snake than processed mechano-food. :pale: Seriously.

:lol!:

I think I just heard Greg Pease cringe in horror. One of his most enthusuastic reviewers, Kyle, now claiming that the latest GLP release has hints of roasted possum flank infused with essence of road tar, and a mineral finish from the rocks that didn't get picked out.

I'm waiting for a blend with boiled okra and goat nose top dressing. :affraid: 

Kyle Weiss":ceib8r0c said:
bosun1":ceib8r0c said:
Kyle Weiss":ceib8r0c said:
I'm not gonna pull the "my body is a temple"  b.s., but I can certainly say it isn't a science experiment nor a waste disposal facility.   Gross.  :no:
Been there.  Many times.  At first by need, then, oddly, by developed taste.   :mrgreen:

I'd much, much, much rather eat a snake than processed mechano-food. :pale: Seriously.

I'm afraid I agree with you there!

Kyle Weiss":jks0lphd said:
bosun1":jks0lphd said:
Kyle Weiss":jks0lphd said:

I'd much, much, much rather eat a snake than processed mechano-food.   :pale:  Seriously.  

Had good ol' rattlermeat in USAF survival school. Little salt and pepper, roasted over a mesquite fire, damned tasty!!!!!:D FTRPLT

ftrplt":5r5dgwl0 said:
Had good ol' rattlermeat in USAF survival school. Little salt and pepper, roasted over a mesquite fire, damned tasty!!!!!:D FTRPLT
Salt? :affraid: 
Pepper? :affraid: 
Cooked? :affraid: 

Survival Dilettante

Just a report back on the Chicken and Waffle Lays potato chips. They're just plain salted Lays chips with a light maple flavoring. All that fuss over nothing :lol: 

Puff Daddy":ax5dsmxr said:
Just a report back on the Chicken and Waffle Lays potato chips. They're just plain salted Lays chips with a light maple flavoring. All that fuss over nothing :lol: 
Still, what will cooperate America think of next just to get our money. Lobster & Butter flavored chips? Maybe Craw-fish & hush-puppy?

If the truth in labeling laws keep gaining steam they'll be called sodium, msg and trans fat flavored chips, with a picture of a ruptured artery on the front of the package.