Have You Had Your HOT SAUCE Today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah baby…Marie Sharp’s Habanero. Belize style sauce. Had it on my poached eggs on Seattle sourdough toast this morning.

Fresh hand chopped carrots, chopped white onions, natural vinegar, select red Belizean habanero pepper, freshly squeezed key lime juice, hand harvested snowy white sea salt and fresh garlic - made in Belize, Central America. Marie's sauces are revered for their balanced, clean habanero fruit bouquet, gorgeous velvety texture, and exquisite taste. Elegant, structured, with a clean finish, because the sauces are non-fermented: Lacking the astringency and acidity typically found in common vinegar-based hot sauces, Marie Sharp's sauces are called "Pepper Sauces" revealing the focus on the fruit or vegetable versus vinegar. They make a LOT of different sauces.

There’s a big “thing” surrounding Marie starting out in her shed, growing the peppers and makin’ da sauce. Then expanding. Before she got a trademark on the original brand (Melinda’s) her US distributor did get it trademarked. Ouch! So Marie rebranded under her own name and kept going. Now both brands sit side by side on store shelves.

Anyway…I like the standard Habanero Sauce - Mild. I think it has the better flavor.

1482771B-A749-466C-BBDE-52F59E3771F1.jpeg

0321CAAF-B7B9-4A9D-BDE6-1F85D32AEEEB.jpeg

Attachments

• 592D8089-701E-409C-A1AC-702F0C40952A.jpeg
    592D8089-701E-409C-A1AC-702F0C40952A.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 44
I'll have to look for these!!! I'm still a hardcore "Texas"Pete" fan/user!! FTRPLT

If you’re a Pete’s fan you should also like Franks and Crystal. In that genre I like Franks the best. That’s just me.

Have you ever tried the GoChuJang Korean style stuff? All Killer and no Filler! Not all that incendiary but out of this world flavor for basting meats, adding to chili, etc. It’s about $4 a container via Amazon now. I like the Sweet Hot. My wife like the BBQ.

The squeeze bottles shown below are actually the same size.

EC263F5E-AF58-4458-85B0-FC818F988725.png
11F733EB-299B-472D-B495-DF7EDAD69489.jpeg

Have tried Frank's and Crystal along with a slew of others, Cholula being a favorite here in the Heartland! While I enjoy most Korean cuisine (no Kimchee!!) after serving time in South Korea, I never developed a taste for Korean BBQ sauces! I do love Korean spring rolls and Bulgogi!!!!!!!! FTRPLT

#1 choice is Frank's Red Hot. #2 choice is Sriracha.

There have been times that I've gone through more than a bottle of Frank's every week for quite some time.

Oh yeah baby…Marie Sharp’s Habanero. Belize style sauce. Had it on my poached eggs on Seattle sourdough toast this morning.

Fresh hand chopped carrots, chopped white onions, natural vinegar, select red Belizean habanero pepper, freshly squeezed key lime juice, hand harvested snowy white sea salt and fresh garlic - made in Belize, Central America. Marie's sauces are revered for their balanced, clean habanero fruit bouquet, gorgeous velvety texture, and exquisite taste. Elegant, structured, with a clean finish, because the sauces are non-fermented: Lacking the astringency and acidity typically found in common vinegar-based hot sauces, Marie Sharp's sauces are called "Pepper Sauces" revealing the focus on the fruit or vegetable versus vinegar. They make a LOT of different sauces.

There’s a big “thing” surrounding Marie starting out in her shed, growing the peppers and makin’ da sauce. Then expanding. Before she got a trademark on the original brand (Melinda’s) her US distributor did get it trademarked. Ouch! So Marie rebranded under her own name and kept going. Now both brands sit side by side on store shelves.

Anyway…I like the standard Habanero Sauce - Mild. I think it has the better flavor.

View attachment 4135

View attachment 4134
Hey, that has been my favorite for almost 40 years. Back when I lived in Belize (mid-80s) it went under a different name, but I believe the recipes are the same. Visiting friends down there recently, I discovered the absolute best version. Smokin Marie is a medium-strength (by their standards) that adds a wonderful smoked taste to whatever it lands on. My bottle in the fridge is getting low, but my friends visit the US enough to bring me more. 0.jpg

Maybe it's my body chemistry or maybe it's the habanero sauce I've had (Hot Sauce from Hell) but to me habanero sauce seems to be all heat and no flavor. Cayenne sauces all seem to have a lot more flavor. Just saying.

Interesting. I’ve found just the opposite in my tastings. To me, the Habanero pepper sauces have arguably the best flavor. But then it’s so often a function of what else is in there. Louisiana style is mostly pepper, vinegar and salt. Mexican style adds a few things. Belize? It’s the kitchen sink including carrots and onions. One of my favorites to cook with, Sauce Bae, has a significant amount of pineapple and turmeric. Whatever, there’s more than enough types to satisfy everyone I’d think.

Hey Natch! The bottle of Smokin’ Marie Sharps habanero hot sauce arrived. I popped it open to get of snort and a sip…WOW! Nice spice, pleasantly high heat. But its the level and quality of the smoke flavor that is the home run. It’s REALLY REALLY SMOKY. Outrageous! Love it…great heads up! THANKS!

If you’re a Pete’s fan you should also like Franks and Crystal. In that genre I like Franks the best. That’s just me.

Have you ever tried the GoChuJang Korean style stuff? All Killer and no Filler! Not all that incendiary but out of this world flavor for basting meats, adding to chili, etc. It’s about $4 a container via Amazon now. I like the Sweet Hot. My wife like the BBQ.

The squeeze bottles shown below are actually the same size.

View attachment 4136View attachment 4137
Go Chu Jang is the condiment that makes almost anything taste better!!! Highly recommended!!!

I've tried many hot sauces - there is a whole shelf in our refrigerator. Matouk's are all excellent, but one stands out; it has become my go to hot sauce, and has been since 2013.....
Flambeau.png

Hey Natch! The bottle of Smokin’ Marie Sharps habanero hot sauce arrived. I popped it open to get of snort and a sip…WOW! Nice spice, pleasantly high heat. But its the level and quality of the smoke flavor that is the home run. It’s REALLY REALLY SMOKY. Outrageous! Love it…great heads up! THANKS!
Yes! Not so hot that it overpowers everything else, nice smokey aftertaste, all in all, my favorite. I spent a couple years trying to smoke my black scorpions, seven pot congo yellows (best pepper on earth for me), and jalokias and could never get close to Marie's.
Natch