Have You Noticed This?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipetongue1

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Even' All, Sam's Flake, Embarcadero, Tudor Castle[PCCA], Mc's #24, Va./ Turkish, I think I have a tin of #24 to try, All bloody delicious! Ken.
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :pirat:

I've been saying it for 2yrs Bro Ken. Va/Ors are my fav. I like burley,and lat weed, and tons of perique,but a good Virginia/oriental is hard to beat

Ken,

I haven't tried all that you've mentioned but I have enjoyed Embarcadero. Man does that weed cast a spell! I can't imagine what 3-5 years of age will add....

Brother Ken!

Today I had my first bowl of Sam's Flake. I don't know why I waited so long to try it. (Actually I do know, and I'm ashamed to admit it.) About a year ago, I received a large free sample of Sam's Flake along with a tabak order, but I was afraid to taint a briar pipe with it because of the "casing" that was reported on TR. :no: So I stuck that free sample in a jar and pushed it to the back of the cellar.

Today, for some reason, I dug it out and had a big bowl of it in my meerschaum pipe. It was outrageously good. The flakes were kind of dry, almost like a piece of jerky. It burned very well and had a wonderful smell to it. It did have a slightly soapy taste to it but it was very complimentary to the tobacco flavor. It didn't seem unnatural at all. I smoked for an hour and a half and when it was over I wanted to load up another bowl. (Tomorrow's another day :D . Guess what I'll be smokin'?)

Is there no end to this discovery of wonderful weed? I need another shelf in the cupboard . . . .

tin man":lm07m4kp said:
Brother Ken!

Is there no end to this discovery of wonderful weed? I need another shelf in the cupboard . . . .
Tin Man,

Just tell your wife that she is has to move some of her crap out of the cupboard to make more room for more tobacco!...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah right!!! :!:

I a small tin of McClelland's version of Arcadia at the local B&M for around $12.00 for a small tin. Unless this stuff will grow hair on my head, I'll pass.

Never tried the venerated Embarcadero-simply a price-budget limitation. Do like C&D's Woodstock Races, though. For any that have tried both, how do they compare? Have to say being a burley fan, do prefer a B/V/O over a V/O. So, for instance, C&D's Virginia Gentleman is more to my liking than the Woodstock Races. Earl