Have you Seen or Have?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
Anyone know of a, or have a nice 2 bedroom house in East Texas (or near by) to rent?
It hasn't been easy contacting people on Craigslist to find one, I think there are some that are scammers and others
too lazy to take down ads when there no longer available and refuse to answer. I know of no where else to look.
It's not been easy trying to find a nice clean place and not be there to look at it.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. If anyone does Please PM me and Do Not post on this thread for privacy reasons.

Houston, Beaumont, Texarkana, or Nacogdoches? That is a pretty good sized area. Help to narrow it a bit. Also keep in mind, that even with the Houston hurricane damage, that part of the country is becoming home to thousands of northerners every year.

Carlos":xmdstsd2 said:
Houston, Beaumont, Texarkana, or Nacogdoches?  That is a pretty good sized area.  Help to narrow it a bit.  Also keep in mind, that even with the Houston hurricane damage, that part of the country is becoming home to thousands of northerners every year.  
Tyler, Kilgore, Mineola etc. basically between the 45 and the 30 hwy's but, not down as far as Nacogdoches.
But, I'm always open depending on location. And yes I know but, its the only place I've called home.

UPDATE: Found a nice place on a 3rd a acre with only one neighbor across the road in Fruitvale, Tx.
Leaving Friday 10/12 on a 1400 mile drive, could use your prayers and best wishes. ;)

Blackhorse":uyyfobxs said:
Jeez. That’s fantastic. How did you ever find that?
By the Grace of God sir. Found it on Craigslist.
Although its a bit more then I wanted or really could afford there was something that told me I better take it now before it was gone. As it was I was the 1st to call but, several others where behind me. Which is really a first for me to be the first on anything. Hoping to live a nice quite and peaceful life there in the woods. And my friend Ryan Alden lives just down the road from me so that's certainly a bonus, he's truly one of the Good Guys not to mention a fine pipe carver ta boot.

Well, congratulations sir! Sounds like you found a nice new nest! :cheers:

Thank you all, I too hope its going to be my home for a very long time and that my trip goes without a mishap.

Great news, Ron!!! Sounds like the perfect setup for you!! Here's to a safe and successful journey! :cheers: FTRPLT

ftrplt":nsflj00r said:
Great news, Ron!!! Sounds like the perfect setup for you!! Here's to a safe and successful journey! :cheers: FTRPLT
Thank so much sir!

UPDATE: Well, I found a place...............at least I thought I did and the story continues.
Left Utah Friday afternoon and arrived 28 hours later in Texas on Saturday night and I spent the night at a sorta relatives house on the couch.
I have tombstones in my eyes since I've had little sleep caused by, I reckon just nerves. Sunday I went to see the house I rented for the first time.
I opened the door to a stench that was between a filthy litter box and mold, and it still hasn't left. Nothing was really cleaned, grease on appliances, insect eggs in frig and various marks and dirty hand prints on walls. But, I leave the best parts out, NO WATER, it was shut off because of the leaks and the whole house was sinking giving way to cracks on the outside you could put your hand into. Finally Wednesday (and he's been working on it since the beginning of the week before) the So Called repairman fixed them and hooked the hot water heater up to find the toilet wouldn't flush. I call him So Called Repairman because when I asked if he had a basin wrench he looked at me like I had a 3rd eye confirming he knew little to nothing about plumbing (me being a plumber in 79 and the 80"s) That and I actually watched him dump the half full commode tank on the bathroom floor and he did this 3 times on top of other things he did that gave his ignorance away and lack of respect he has. And by the way, all this time I had to either hold what I had to do or go down the the Laundry Mat down the road and use there's when open. Landlord apologized and suggested I go to a Motel 6 and he'd reimburse me. I told him NO because what I walked into told me I should not be so trustworthy of this character. I asked him if he was going to replace the lavatory (bathroom sink) because of the rotted out over flow as big as a child fist and he stated LATER. Obviously a natural born slum lord.
No I haven't unpacked much, only what I need till I see what the Yahoo of a landlord has to say to my face this weekend. I say he either fixes Everything including the stench or I get ALL my money back and he can try and stick this hole of his on someone else, of course right after I notify Texas state board of housing that I'm sure will want to talk to him about his practices.

Boy howdy, I'm sorry to hear that sir! Sounds like you might still have to shop for new digs. I'll have you in my thoughts!

Hay-Suess Maria, that's a very unhappy beginning Ron. Sure sounds like the landlord is a sleazebag. Hope you can make the best of a bad situation.

Cheers,

RR

Yep have experienced that one or twice. Wife refuses to do anything with rentals online now. Hope things work out for you

Truly regret hearing this, Ron. You deserve better!! Just me talking here...but I would get away from that flea trap ASAP!!! That place will never be a healthy environment for you! Best of luck in whatever you decide!!! FTRPLT