Head East

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fr_Tom

Chaplain
Reaction score
I have a clergy retreat/conference in Virginia for a week, so I am packing pipes and tobacco. I have to remember to pick up a lighter in the airport when I land.

Enjoy your conference and I hope you will be visiting one of the more scenic parts of this great state. Safe travels.

MisterE":9c56t1tc said:
Wow, has a year passed already? I remember last year's trip you made to the same conference! Time flies! 8) 
Yes - last year it was in California. This will be the same cohort of 50 or so. One of my pipe smoking friends texted to say he had a last minute issue come up and he will not attend.

Fr_Tom":unng60ml said:
..... Several of the priests brought pipes last time and so we formed a mini cohort at the smoking table...
Is that what they mean by Holy Smoke  :lol!: 

Calm air and safe landings Father Tom

Adam

I got to baggage today and there was a driver with a sign. I never made it to a store to pick up a lighter. At the conference center front desk I asked if they had a lighter I could use, and they gave me a grill lighter.

The two pipe other smokers from last year had conflicts this year, so it is just me.

I packed pipes quickly and forgot R Blend - that is the closest I have to Revelation.

Don't forget you can carry on Zippo and non-torch butane lighters. Every now and then TSA wants to check my pipe tool, but no one has ever questioned my lighters.

Dave_In_Philly":9xeb9ruk said:
Don't forget you can carry on Zippo and non-torch butane lighters. Every now and then TSA wants to check my pipe tool, but no one has ever questioned my lighters.
+1

I have traveled extensively through USA and elsewhere in the world with butane lighters in my carry on bag. Only ever had them confiscated in China and India. In India they found 7 butane lighters in my bag!!!

I do have a Zippo. Maybe I will try bringing that next time I fly.

The pace of things is slower this year with more long breaks. Some places have a smoker's table 100 yds away with no shade or wi-fi. This center has a "no smoking indoors" rule which would be like being at home for lots of folks...