Heads-up for upcoming October sale at P&C

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLowlyApprentice

Reaction score
Beginning on Oct 1 P&C will have all Peter Stokkebye bulk tobaccos on sale for 25% off for the entire month. The code for the discount will be OCT17.

More importantly, there will also be an unadvertised special of 20% off all orders of $100 or more. This sale is only shown in the calendar which P&C sent out at the beginning of the year and is not shown on the web site.

The coupon code for this unadvertised October offer is not yet published but can be found from Oct 1 onward at this url -- https://www.pipesandcigars.com/ways

Right now P&C is running a sale on some Dunhill and H&H Marquee tins under a "Battle of the Blends" at this url --
https://www.pipesandcigars.com/shop/battle-of-the-blends/2002360/

The tins are currently on sale for $7.50 each and with enough of a purchase to use the secret 20% off code, that would bring the price per tin down to $6 each and I can't imagine that they'll ever be any cheaper than that!! (Of course that depends on current sale still being in place in October)

So, if you can hold off on a TAD attack until Oct 1, you may be able stash a little something extra in the cellar.

TLA

The 25% off my 2 favorite Stokkebye Blends....LNF & LBF would be a great deal. But, is it worth taking a chance again with P&C??? Extremely poor customer service and they don't answer their phones!! :scratch:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":3ge4pxcq said:
The 25% off my 2 favorite Stokkebye Blends....LNF & LBF would be a great deal. But, is it worth taking a chance again with P&C??? Extremely poor customer service and they don't answer their phones...
Yes, even I, the pure embodiment of tolerance, forgiveness, and patience, have written them off--at least until favorable reports start coming in. Then I'll wait a year or two to see if they continue. I learn slow but I learn good, as a friend of mine used to say when sober.

As reported elsewhere, I find them to be fine in the customer service area these days. Phone? Phone? What's that? Didn't  Web ordering replace that? Get with it you Luddites. 8)

Slowroll ":j4a7na03 said:
As reported elsewhere, I find them to be fine in the customer service area these days. Phone? Phone? What's that? Didn't Web ordering replace that? Get with it you Luddites. Cool
P&C has NO customer service, PERIOD! Of course most of us order online, including myself. But if there is an issue with an order placed, and God knows P&C has had NUMEROUS issues in the past two years!! That's when one would call P&C's customer service and the phone just rings...THEY DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE!

They will NOT see me coming back any time soon. Even with a 50% sale, why you might ask...." because most likely you will not receive your order anyway "!

BUCK me once shame on you, BUCK me twice ain't " gonna " happen!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Slowroll ":fz9igjwj said:
meaning of Luddites..a person opposed to increased industrialization or new technology.
The only party here that fits well into this Luddite category would most definitely be P&C, NOT me!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I have to admit that I've had very good customer service. 1) they DO NOT answer emails or their internal message system. 2) if you're willing to wait in line on the phone, they eventually get to you. I've had short wait times. It's been relatively painless, so a good way to get issues solved. Always helpful.

The problem has been: two orders in a row have been screwed up with being sent the wrong tobaccos labeled as the tobaccos I ordered. Which means I have been on the phone with them far too often. Eventually, their helpfulness has meant less and less. Like depending on "I'm sorry" as a method of living rather than getting your sh1t straight. And obviously, sending people the wrong tobaccos, especially if people are sampling new tobaccos, is a lousy way to get repeat business. Loving, or hating, mislabeled tobaccos is a real business killer, because the next order is likely to produce the correct tobaccos and create frustrating dissonance. You don't know what the hell you're smoking at any given point.

The only party here that fits well into this Luddite category would most definitely be P&C, NOT me!!

Oops. Guess I touched on a tender spot.

They've been ok for the last several months, at least with me is my point.
Gotta go to 'em for H&H tobacco at any rate.

Slowroll":l99xf0u2 said:
They've been ok for the last several months, at least with me is my point.
Gotta go to 'em for H&H tobacco at any rate.
That's okay, I'll stick with 4Noggins and Smokingpipes. Superb customer service and they always answer their emails and phone. Also, both companies give me a bundle of pipe cleaners @ no charge....every time!!
Two weeks ago I placed an order at Peretti's and sent them an email, have yet to hear back from them. Will try once more, that's it.

Also McCranie's of NC, when I order from them I'm asked " would you like us to bill you later, we will ship today "!  Where do you get service like that. Simply a pleasure to do business with for their own blends!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

i coukd careless about customers service i give them money they give me product as lomg as that plays out in some form im good especially at the discounted rate

Arky":pptrwpwe said:
I could careless about customers service i give them money they give me product as lomg as that plays out in some form im good especially at the discounted rate
The problem is 1: what you order from P&C may not be exactly the blends you paid for!
2: you can order a few blends than get an email in a few days " out of stock "!
3: your credit card was billed and your order has not been shipped.
4: now you get to call " CUSTOMER SERVICE ", most times they choose NOT to answer the phone. This happened to me twice, had to call my credit card company and file a grievance. I'm issued a credit immediately from the bank. A representative from my bank tries to call P&C. Low and behold...NO ANSWER!
It's not worth the stress or aggravation dealing with P&C. :affraid: :affraid:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":swpnvrrb said:
Arky":swpnvrrb said:
I could careless about customers service i give them money they give me product as lomg as that plays out in some form im good especially at the discounted rate
The problem is 1: what you order from P&C may not be exactly the blends you paid for!
2: you can order a few blends than get an email in a few days " out of stock "!
3: your credit card was billed and your order has not been shipped.
4: now you get to call " CUSTOMER SERVICE ", most times they choose NOT to answer the phone. This happened to me twice, had to call my credit card company and file a grievance. I'm issued a credit immediately from the bank. A representative from my bank tries to call P&C. Low and behold...NO ANSWER!
It's not worth the stress or aggravation dealing with P&C.
In other words, TIME IS MONEY. Or, if you guffaw at that, time and frustration has to be quantified on some level. What is my time and level of pleasure worth? It has to be worth something, doesn't it? And really, is it only worth a few pennies?

I have to say the biggest problem for me on that list is not knowing if what I'm smoking is what I wanted to buy and smoke. Is this bag of D&R Three Sails, which I'm new to trying, actually D&R Three Sails? And if I'm fortunate to have a hunch it isn't, how much time is it going to take me to research whether it is or isn't Three Sails? And then all the hoops to get it replaced or credited.

I'm sorry, but to this weakminded person, that affects my level of enjoyment and history I might be developing with this blender and blend. So yeah, my time and pleasure are definitely worth something on more than just a financial level, and I don't think that is just a luxury. That's a truth of life. It's real.

Zeno Marx":jrz8jvbn said:
I have to say the biggest problem for me on that list is not knowing if what I'm smoking is what I wanted to buy and smoke.  Is this bag of D&R Three Sails, which I'm new to trying, actually D&R Three Sails?  And if I'm fortunate to have a hunch it isn't, how much time is it going to take me to research whether it is or isn't Three Sails?  And then all the hoops to get it replaced or credited.
Here is the best picture I can find of Three Sails.

I can take a better picture of some of mine if it would help.

ok so ya i get it well then who sells boxes of ps at a price equivalent to p&c it is the best price i have found so far

I don't care if they offer everything at 99% off I'm not buying from them. If and when any order I would place actually arrives at my home it's almost guaranteed that one or more items will be on back order even though it was listed in stock when ordered, or they sent the wrong item. There's no way I'm going through the hassle of dealing with their lack-luster/non-existent customer service or wait months for them to get the correct item back in stock. I'll just continue to take my business to Smoking Pipes, 4Noggins, and Mars Cigars. I've spent a bunch of money with these guys in the past and I've NEVER had even the tiniest problem. As far as I'm concerned P&C doesn't exist. It's a pity because P&C used to get the bulk of my tobacco buying business and I like Russ and many of his blends. His co-workers have let him down and unfortunately has has to bear part of the shame caused by them. JMHO but Russ deserves better.  :bounce:  

AJ

Both Ted and AJ seemed to have summed this up very succinctly. And Zeno offers a cautionary tale.

Pity that Russ O. and his fine blends are largely handled by P&C. It'll take some time and regular positive CS experience before many of us will consider doing biz with them.

JMO

Cheers,

RR

Pity that Russ O. and his fine blends are largely handled by P&C. It'll take some time and regular positive CS experience before many of us will consider doing biz with them.

RR[/quote]

Well, I posted elsewhere that they did a good replacement job for me last week, and I was on hold for only a minute or so.

Slowroll":p6o8qohk said:
Well, I posted elsewhere that they did a good replacement job for me last week, and I was on hold for only a minute or so.
Yes, I saw that. And it was encouraging. I was rather surprised. As well as pretty much the opposite experience many here have had on many occasions. This has been an on-going sore topic for a while.

All to say, I don't at all cast any doubts or inferences from your positive experience. Just that many of us on this forum have not had the same experience, and as a result will be reserving judgement until P&C can prove themselves consistent with the expectations of some other well known and dependable e-tailers.

Again slowroll, this is nothing against you and your account. That you had such a good experience is great to hear. I look forward to more positive reports.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":rijonpzx said:
Slowroll":rijonpzx said:
Yes, I saw that. And it was encouraging. I was rather surprised. As well as pretty much the opposite experience many here have had on many occasions. This has been an on-going sore topic for a while.

All to say, I don't at all cast any doubts or inferences from your positive experience. Just that many of us on this forum have not had the same experience, and as a result will be reserving judgement until P&C can prove themselves consistent with the expectations of some other well known and dependable e-tailers.

Again slowroll, this is nothing against you and your account. That you had such a good experience is great to hear. I look forward to more positive reports.

Cheers,

RR
Well stated Rande and I certainly didn't mean to diminish what Slowroll had experienced. I'm just frustrated that a company that I've spent so much money with suddenly forgot who pays their bills... their customers.

Slowroll if you feel I was in anyway I     directing my comments to you personally then please accept my sincere apology. It grieves me to think I may have offended a Brother on this forum. Please he assured it was not my intention. :)

AJ

I just got an email from them saying PS LTF is going for $1.75/ounce. The other two are not on sale however.