Heads-up for upcoming October sale at P&C

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AJ, no I didn't think you were directing at me, I saw no reason to feel that way.

I merely thought I should be fair and point put my recent experiences. I too had some annoyances in the past, but recently, they seem to have picked up their game. And of course, Russ O is always helpful and available.

i will admit that i have had a changs of heart after all this. i beleve after hearing the issues people haave had i will take my biz elsewhere.

Lonecoyote":q2oqwzi4 said:
That's okay, I'll stick with 4Noggins and Smokingpipes. Superb customer service and they always answer their emails and phone.
Only two vendors I support because, to me, they are the best.

Last year, an order from 4noggins was seemingly lost. After 6 weeks of waiting, I contacted Rich and he immediately shipped off another package without charging me. When the "lost" order eventually arrived, I informed Rich and asked him for an invoice for the second lot. His reply: " I've forgotten about it and you are a good customer, so you just forget about it too" !!

I'll never understand why you guys still do business with such a disreputable and low life company as P&C and their affiliates. :fpalm:

Ron RDPipes":wn45xxyt said:
I'll never understand why you guys still do business with such a disreputable and low life company as P&C and their affiliates.
Ron could NOT have stated his testimony any better!

After personally having 3 major issues with P&C I too feel like AJ...I would not do business with P&C if they had a 99% off sale! Chances are I would either receive the wrong blends or my credit card would be billed and 2 days later I receive an email stating " out of stock "! This is ever since Cigars International purchased P&C, prior I had NO issues...EVER.
NOW take the time and check out the reviews for Cigars International, the extremely poor reviews should NOT shock you.. :fpalm: :fpalm:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":9x0672ya said:
Ron RDPipes":9x0672ya said:
I'll never understand why you guys still do business with such a disreputable and low life company as P&C and their affiliates.
Ron could NOT have stated his testimony any better!

After personally having 3 major issues with P&C I too feel like AJ...I would not do business with P&C if they had a 99% off sale! Chances are I would either receive the wrong blends or my credit card would be billed and 2 days later I receive an email stating " out of stock "! This is ever since Cigars International purchased P&C, prior I had NO issues...EVER.
NOW take the time and check out the reviews for Cigars International, the extremely poor reviews should NOT shock you.. :fpalm: :fpalm:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
I had no idea CI bought out P&C. That is all I need to hear. I made a purchase from CI recently. It did NOT go well. That's fine though, most of my purchases are made from SP and a couple of smaller businesses. I don't go looking for headaches.

Unlike others, I've never had a problem with P&C (or CI for that matter, although I've rarely ordered from them over the last 6 years). I just put in a simple order, and I'll see how it goes. . . . If badly, I won't consider ordering from them in October, when they might have more orders than usual to deal with.

itsatrap.jpg" style="width: 300px;height: 300px

I guess I'll find out this week! I've only ordered 3 times from them this year, and not since April. As I've said, I don't remember ever actually having a problem with them (as opposed to Smoking Pipes & 4 Noggins, although in both cases they took care of the problems to my satisfaction immediately).

DrT

Please let us know how it works out for you. I've personally had 3 major issues with P&C. Good luck

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":jsw3gkfw said:
DrT

Please let us know how it works out for you. I've personally had 3 major issues with P&C. Good luck

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
I know I may have just been lucky in my dealings with them, so I will be certain to pass it on if what is in the order when it arrives is accurate or not. (Supposedly UPS picked it up today)

Yo TheLo

Re: "More importantly, there will also be an unadvertised special of 20% off all orders of $100 or more. This sale is only shown in the calendar which P&C sent out at the beginning of the year and is not shown on the web site.

The coupon code for this unadvertised October offer is not yet published but can be found from Oct 1 onward at this url -- https://www.pipesandcigars.com/ways"

I looked in the calendar and don't see this 20% reference. Furthermore, on another forum RussO says this October 20% sale is news to him. However.... my EMail just showed a 2 day Flash Sale for 20%.

hp
les

All these sales. As much as I love to save money, this becomes one big clusterfvck when there are new sales nearly every day. "Can I apply both sales to my order?" "If not, which sale most benefits this order?" "Is this sale over?" "When did this sale begin?" Honestly, I get tired of seeing the emails and wondering any of these things. It's not fun. Smoking is fun. This kind of business tactic and approach suck part of the joy out of it all. Maybe I'm alone in feeling this way? Am I?

I'm surprised I'm saying this, but here are a couple ideas: 1) have a single monthly sale. Period. 2) don't have any sales and just bottom-dollar your inventory.

I know constant emails and all this hoopla generate sales. I know I can shut off the emails. Do what you gotta do. Just letting them know that it is a huge turnoff for some of us. When four different sales apply to me and a potential order in a summer, I can't help but wonder, "If I'm falling for one of your sales several times a year, how about just lowering your prices and forget the constant blue-light specials?" It creates unnecessary dissonance, or at least it can. It does with me anyway.

Got the email regarding the sale on PS LTF. Ordered a pound. Took five days to get here, but it got here...

Other than the apparent struggle to get manufacturers to restock their shelves, the trouble with answering phones or emails, and the troubles others have had, (myself in the past included), I suspect the issues may be on the mend.

Though I do believe there is a culling of product availability afoot....

DrT999":86gof2ym said:
Lonecoyote":86gof2ym said:
DrT

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
I know I may have just been lucky in my dealings with them, so I will be certain to pass it on if what is in the order when it arrives is accurate or not. (Supposedly UPS picked it up today)
So, I ordered one pipe, one tin, and a one oz bulk last Friday. Today, the correct pipe & tobaccos arrived in excellent shape.

I suspect that P&C doesn't really have many more problems in shipping orders than Smoking Pipes or 4 Noggins, but when they get something wrong, they do the worst job in addressing any problems. We can only go by our own experiences and those we talk about here. While I've never had a problem with P&C, others obviously have, and most of us think highly of the service Smoking Pipes, 4 Noggins, and some of the others give us when there is a problem.

DrT, Thanks for letting us all know how your recent experience went with P&C and glad your order arrived complete. 

But, it's like you stated...if an issue occurs it's HOW P&C addresses and resolves the problem. They lack communication skills and when they're overwhelmed with phone calls they choose to not answer. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I'm cool with mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. I used to run a mailorder business with music. It's stupidly easy to make mistakes. Honestly, I'm not even particularly picky about how the mistakes are handled. For me, it's been the consistency of mistakes. Every order. THAT got old REAL quick. It makes me wonder a lot of things. Are there enough employees? Are they underpaid or improperly trained? Does one department communicate to the other departments? Things that might seem to be none of my business, but um...our biggest votes in this world are with our wallet. I care about those kind of things.

But you know what? The silver lining is that their mistakes create opportunity for other vendors. That means more competition, less of a chance for a monopoly, etc. There was a while there when I worried that P&C would be the only game in town.