Hearing aids

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Now there’s an off topic if there ever was one! I am getting new hearing aids on Thursday, my old ones are going off for repair and electronics upgrade. Both of these hearing aids are for a profound hearing loss.

Prior to getting the pair I have currently I was bordering profound in my left ear and moderate in my right ear. I experienced a Neurological episode that left the entire right side of my body without reflexes and unbeknownst at the time had a drastic impact on my right which stopped making the inner ear fluid needed for balance and other things.

So that set of hearing aids had very little use prior to all this happening and I was going through my hearing aid stuff when I found them.

The reason for this post is these are high quality hearing aids made by Phonak of Sweden. They are grey in color and are behind the ear style which realistically is the only style you could offer to someone fo maybe some tobacco. They would cost several thousand dollars each if purchased today but would only cost their new owner whatever the audiologist charges for new ear molds and some tobacco.

If you need hearing aids and can’t afford them please let me know, I gave another set I owned that were $7500 and their new owner was pleased how much his quality of life changed. Hopefully I can help someone here as well, regards.
banjo

Sorry this is late, but i just joined this BoB's. i have a profound hearing loss and always have need special hearing aids. Through the years the tech. has been getting better but not enough for me So i learned sign language and reading lips.
A year ago a break through for us .I bit the bullet and spent used car money on hearing aids that let me hear everything.
The new ones have 64 channels that can be programed and the freqs. you don't hear ii can be re programed to the ones you can.
it's the first time since 1968 i can hear baby birds chirp and sounds that make life worth living.
The hearing aids are made in America and you can finance them for 3 years with no intrest.
the come with a three year warranty and life time checkups. They can be battery or rechargable.
They are outside the ear and the speaker is in your ear. I hope this helps you out.
Chukster

Great gesture banjo. Funny how insurance doesn't seem to pay for them. I too lost a significant amount of hearing after getting bit by the fire ants ( lost everything on my LH side, but most of it came back). But, I'll never be able to afford them.