Hearing Loss

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

RSteve

Reaction score
Until masks were the standard facial apparel, I never realized how proficient I had become at reading lips. Unable to read lips, I miss an incredible amount of what people are saying.
Yesterday, I had to make a quick stop at Home Depot. The cashier to whom I usually gravitate is profoundly deaf, but reads lips with perfection. I used my phone to greet and communicate with her by writing a text to my other line and showing it to her. She responded by voice and does speak very clearly for a person who has never had hearing.

WTHall

Reaction score
Another sufferer of tinnitus... probably from my time in the Navy. In the early 70's there wasn't a lot of effort in using hearing protection, IMHO.
A set of Costco hearing aids help.. when I put them in. My biggest grip is watching television where the dialog is drowned out my the (?) background music.
Found a set of headphones with variable frequency adjustments; one specifically to enhance speech. Works like a champ.
When my wife bitches about me not hearing her I tell her I can hear her, I'm just not paying attention. Bandages come off next week!:D