Hearth and Home 14 oz. Tins

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
I opened a basement cabinet and there are several unopened and sound asleep. Does anyone remember when Pipes and Cigars went mostly to bulk or small tins for the Hearth and Home tobaccos? I have no idea how long they could have been hiding.

giphy.gif

Me neither!!!!! FTRPLT
On a side note...Didn't P&C just announce that 14 oz. CH and PA tins were being replaced with 7 oz. ones??? FTRPLT

Last edited:
The eight ounce cans went out of production in 2016-2017.
I just took a closer look and they're all before Cigars International (Scandinavian Tobacco) took over Habana Smoke Shop, Albany, NY. aka Pipesandcigars.com
Was that also 2016-2017? They are all 8 oz. cans. This may be an answer:
PipesAndCigars.com Acquired by Cigars International Kevin Godbee Apr 16, 2013 at 8:17 AM
So, my guess is that these 8 oz. tins have probably aged 8 to 10 years. I wonder if I can get a million dollars a tin for them?

Last edited:
I know I bought a few eight ounce tins in 2015, and I recall seeing them at P&C into 2016.

I know I bought a few eight ounce tins in 2015, and I recall seeing them at P&C into 2016.
Well, that puts the kibosh on my newly found fortune.
giphy.gif

Maybe if all the blends I have in those 8 oz cans are discontinued, but in high demand across the ponds?

Last edited:
I don't know.
Neither do I, and, frankly, don't care much. Those cans will probably be mixed in with the 100 Dunhill tins my daughters will have sitting on the $1.00 table at the yard sale a week after I croak.

I just took a closer look and they're all before Cigars International (Scandinavian Tobacco) took over Habana Smoke Shop, Albany, NY. aka Pipesandcigars.com
Was that also 2016-2017? They are all 8 oz. cans. This may be an answer:
PipesAndCigars.com Acquired by Cigars International Kevin Godbee Apr 16, 2013 at 8:17 AM
So, my guess is that these 8 oz. tins have probably aged 8 to 10 years. I wonder if I can get a million dollars a tin for them?
Only if you insure them for that much with Lloyds of London, lol. But you would probably have to sell your house to pay the premium. Maybe you should think of disposing of the Dunhill tins now?