Hearth & Home AJ's VaPer

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanmedusa

Reaction score
I tried to find a specific thread on this one but couldn't. This is a blend I see mentioned a lot when someone is looking for a VaPer so I know quite a few here have tried it. I smoked my first bowl of this in my Brebbia Golden-Extra 4001. It's a straight Dublin with a metal band and rim cap. It's got an amazing bit of Birdseye, some fills, and I'd bet my life the cap isn't silver. A really classy looking modestly priced pipe that smokes beyond its cost. From my Italian honeymoon! Anyways, I got the tobacco from my bombing and have smoked this and have a bowl of Burley Kake packed for later today. I really liked this blend. You certainly don't have to go looking for the Perique! I found the Virginia, Cavendish combo to give this a nice earthy sometimes sweet base on my tongue. It reads American more like a C&D, Pease type tobacco to me. Not so much a McClelland or European offering. Recommended. John.

I got this on my list. I currently have a tin of Louisiana Red that I have to smoke through first. I also tried their Virginia Spice which I liked very much. You can definitely sense the cigar leaf in this blend.

I went through my Louisiana Red pretty quickly, on the quest to match the blend....

Feel like I got close enough.

I'm still working through my tin of AJ's Vaper. For some reason I keep moving it to a 'safe place'. You know how that can go.......

It's good. But that's about where it lays. Good. Simple. To the point. I just tend to lean a bit sweeter in my blends.....

Yeah, I'd say it's milder than an. kake too. A nice smoke, but not one I go to when I want a good sit down smoke on the back deck. Straightforward and decent, which is what most of us want most of the time.

IMG_20150713_125545268.jpg

I just finished my last few ounces last week. If you like this blend another to keep in the rotation is Rolando's Own.

Good review. Thanks for posting it. :)

AJ