Heaven in a Tin

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
Well, as some of you know I was gifted from a very generous unidentified BOB member a tin of Escudo Navy De Luxe and SG Squadron Leader, neither of them had I'd ever tried. Now I've gone through a lot of Drugstore blends and the occasional, for the lack of the correct word Pipe Emporium blend and never really found anything really great just, as we antique fan collectors say, "GE" (Good Enough). Well, as I prepared to sit on my front porch over looking the pasture with my second cup of coffee this morning, I decided to crack open one of the tins I received. I tried both but, the Escudo opened the easiest so into it I go. At first opening, it looked strange to me cause as said before we're use to the cheap stuff and to see what looked like little thin rolled bails was new to me. I took one and rolled it in my hand it fell apart nicely and thought, "that'll be enough" but, then I thought "Heck if your going to do it, do it Ron!" So we filled the bowl of my new Filar (which not to mention smokes very well) and packed it nicely.
Off I went to the kitchen and prepare my coffee, nothing fancy, just plain ole Maxwell and of course cream and sugar because I have an ulcer and am limited to how much caffeine I can consume per day (cause by my first and last divorce and most likely too much Flying "J" coffee over the years). So we sat on the porch and lit her up, took a good draw and then a sip of coffee. Gees! I was in heaven, such a smooth heavenly flavor, so I continued till my coffee was gone, only wishing it wasn't. Knowing I don't dare get another I spent the rest of my time enjoying the early morning and finishing off the pipe. Mornings have always been my special time of quiet with my smoke and coffee but, now there even more special and I can't wait till the next......and we'll sip much slower on the coffee to savor each sip of it and pipe the next time.
I'm sure many of you here have experienced the same as I have with this toby and find nothing so Heavenly as I do because it's just the norm. But, being I tend to spend more on pipes then toby, it's a completely new world for me. And I owe it all to a special BOB member, thank you again! Ron

PS. Yes, I know I'm a long winded SOB!
RyszardFilar1.jpg

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

That first smoke of the day is always special. Very nice story. Here's to tomorrow morning's smoke!

Hot dog! Glad this one was a home run for you! Certainly better than GE!

Not long winded when its good writing! Thanks for the story, and love the pipe!

Morning coffee plus a pipefull of escudo.....theres not a better way to start your day

Scott

Glad you had such a good smoke. Escudo ties with Dark Flake and Cumberland as my all-time favorite smokes.

Good story! Sorry I missed it until just now... it makes me want to crack open a tin that I have lying around here somewhere. Thanks Cartaphilus!

Escudo is a favorite of mine as well. In fact, I just cracked open a jar containing Escudo that's been in my collection for 3 years. I must say it ages very well.