Hello again --- from Tanzania

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oxman

Reaction score
Its been a fair while since i last visited and commented on this board. good to see some of the old faces still here.

I am still working in the tobacco industry in Tanzania and really enjoying myself. its pretty remote and can get a little lonely but i have a great house and a great job so time flies by until i can get out for a couple of weeks leave every 2-3 months.

I was not smoking my pipes very much over the last 2 years as most of them were still in UK, but recently i have brought a bunch of pipes and tobacco back and i am getting back into the enjoyment of the different blends.

Living so far from a source of pipe tobacco may be a problem, but i will be slowly bringing all my stock from UK over the next few visits. i have had to revive a couple of old tin that had dried out - i know, i should have jarred the tobacco when i first opened the tin! - anyway it has been a success leaving the tobacco in a bowl with a damp cloth over the top for 18 hours - nice moist tobacco again!

Currently sitting looking out on my swimming pool, listening to the birds and enjoying some very smooth (revived!) 2012 Penzance in a little pipe kindly made and given to me by one of our old members Briar Spirit. -- sadly not heard from him for a few years, hope he is ok.

Looking forward to spending more time on here again and catching up with all of you.

Brenden

Welcome back, hope you hang around a while. With the type of work you do I'm sure you will be asked many questions. We need more members like you!! Good luck with relocating. Looking forward to reading your posts :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Welcome back, and thank you for your prior posts, many of which became stickys. Newer members might want to check them out. :study:

Brenden, jolly good to see you here again. It has been a while!

Good to know you're still alive and well in Tanzania doing what you love. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Our mate Kirk has dropped off the radar here. Last I knew he was having a particularly bad patch. Hope he's OK.

Cheers,

RR

Welcome back, from deep in the heart of darkest America, home of the brave... Hahaha, we already paid for this!

Thanks for the replies and welcoming me back to the friendly confines of BOB.... its actually great to be back and reading all the news.
Very pleased to see some of my old posts are stickies! I will have write a few more articles.