Hello Again

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffy

Reaction score
I 've been away for a good while..My wife died back in may.I was very depressed for a long time.Nothing seemed important.my main reason for living was gone. I had devoted my life to loving her for 60 years. .With a lot of help from some good friends I'm slowly learning to live without her..I had some problems getting logged back in..A friend from another forum joined this one and contacted Angie.She emailed me and got be logged back in here.,I owe her much thanks..It,s good to be back here.....Thank all of you for allowing this almost 80 year old coot to join in the fun.

Welcome back Puffy! I hope you find some camaraderie here even as you continue to process your grief. I’m pulling for you.

Puffy, welcome from Arizonas high desert. We haven't met as I have only been here a short time but wanted to extend my condolences on your loss. I admire folks who have successful long term marriages. I think it shows character and devotion.

For almost all of us, Puffy…the greatest joy in our lives eventually becomes the greatest tragedy. But SIXTY YEARS! My gosh, that’s amazing. What a gift. Well, certainly pleased to have you back here with us again. Kudos to Angie for enabling.

So, are you still smoking much, or just being part of the community?

I 've been away for a good while..My wife died back in may.I was very depressed for a long time.Nothing seemed important.my main reason for living was gone. I had devoted my life to loving her for 60 years. .With a lot of help from some good friends I'm slowly learning to live without her..I had some problems getting logged back in..A friend from another forum joined this one and contacted Angie.She emailed me and got be logged back in here.,I owe her much thanks..It,s good to be back here.....Thank all of you for allowing this almost 80 year old coot to join in the fun.
My sincere condolences. I wish I didn't know where you're at. I lost my wife in 2008; my sister two years later. For three years, except for getting some food from the kitchen, I basically lived in the guestroom of my house. Then I had the epiphany moment: It was not the way my wife would want me to be living. It's vital to get out and engage with people. Keep your brain and body active.
My late sister and her husband never dated anyone but each other before they were married; together from when she was 14 and he was 17. Since her death, he has literally traveled the world, always traveling alone, even in his 80s. He says, "I am going everywhere we would have gone together and in my mind she is with me."

Last edited: