Hello all from Tinytown in the Catskills

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustPlainBill

Reaction score
First post, took awhile 'cause I'm shy & still not that hip with computers. I just recently came back to my pipes, 30 years later...my Winstons got too damn expensive and RYO's just don't satisfy. First "real" pipe was a Pete's standard, not a favorite (not real fond of the p-lip) but I'll never part with it for sentimental reasons. I own 15 or so briars, GBD's, Savinelli's, Jarl ribbon, seconds, no-names, plus a couple halfway-decent meers. Fist drugstore tobac I tried was Sail yellow, which was pretty much the best of the lot; sampled the Captain (too sickly-sweet), Borcom(meh), 79 (bleh)...Velvet was ok but had an odd mouthfeel/aftertaste. I like Sir Walter altho" it's a little bland 'cause it's not hard to find & has a "clean" flavor. Dunhill tins are great but too pricey for every day. Well, anyway, after reading a bunch of threads I'm real happy to join the "club". I'll probably just lurk for awhile.

Thanks. Thanx fellas, I look forward to getting acquainted. If I "do it wrong" please let me know & be patient. This laptop is a bear to wrassle with.

Welcome to the BoB. Glad to have you on board. Don't worry about mistakes. We've all made tons of them and this bunch are really a good bunch of guys and gals. Patient and forbearing. We all are willing answer any questions you may have and if one of us doesn't have the answer we can point you to someone that does. I hope you find you time here enjoyable and informative. There are many here who can recommend some delicious inexpensive tobacco. Just ask and I'm sure someone will respond. :)

AJ

Welcome to the group!

I did the same thing, lurking, being the voyeur for a while. Good to test the waters first, in my opinion.....

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Hiya Bill, pleased to meet you sir and welcome to BoB

welcome to the BoB forums! I hope you enjoy your time here.

BTW, if you like Dunhill but not the tin prices, a few on-line retailers sell some of the blends in bulk (Early Morning Pipe, Nightcap, 965)

"T"

Hello Bill and welcome to BoB, please don't worry yourself so much, you are in great company here and most folk will be more than happy to help you make some well informed choices, enjoy the journey of pipe tobacco discovery, it is a fabulous experience. :)

Welcome! I work the NY Thruway once a month or so and stay in the Ulster area, edge of the Catskills.