hello all from way north Wisconsin

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnylaw13

Reaction score
Hello all and thank you for having me!
my name is jon, i live in almost the U.P. of MI, Wisconsin. im a watch collector and now newly a pipe smoker/collector. been a cigarette smoker since roughly the age of 10, im 28 now, will the new of my 1st child on the way i have switched to smoking pipe to save some money and well pipes are way cooler, and i dont think Ebay will let me save too much money on all the estate pipes! i inherited a few of my grandfathers pipes, picked up one off ebay and one from an antique shop. so already a few weeks in i am at a 5 pipe rotation. like every new student should, i have show and tell! well more show. please enjoy some photos of my collection, and again thank you for having me!

temporary_zps918ee61f.jpg
temporary_zpse27d14e4.jpg
temporary_zpsf0abbad0.jpg
temporary_zpse794b9a8.jpg
temporary_zps6c84a814.jpg
temporary_zps58751427.jpg

Welcome to the brotherhood.  You will find a lot of kindred folk here.

Welcome to BoB! There are many helpful, kind pipe smokers on this forum.

Welcome to the forums!!!  Glad to have you here.  Nice collection of watches and starter collection on pipes.  If you look around, we have quite a few pipe carvers on this board and they do amazing work.  Also, there are several estate pipe sellers here as well.  We will all be glad to help you spend your money on pipes and tobacco. :lol!:  :bounce:  :bounce:   Be careful as it quickly becomes a disorder to those who aren't wary of it.  I started smoking a pipe in January and I already have over 11 lbs of tobacco squirreled away and almost 20 pipes.   :lol!: 

Join in and have fun.

d4klutz":l05o430g said:
....and I already have over 11 lbs of tobacco squirreled away and almost 20 pipes.   :lol!: 

Join in and have fun.

This is a smart man.....11 lbs. of tobacco is a good start.  The Tax Man cometh...soon.

Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll have a good time here

"T"

Welcome to BoB. Looks like you're off to a good start.

I'm an ex-pat cheesehead, and have spent a good deal of time "up north" drowning worms!

:lol: 

Cheers,

RR

Welcome to BoB, looks like you are off to a good start. Nice looking watches also.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

brewdude, where "up north" you talking? I know a lot of people considering central Wi "northern WI" drives me bonkers lol

Hello Jon, very nice to meet you and what a wonderful introduction, you are most certainly off to a great start on your Piper journey, welcome to BoB.  :cheers: :sunny: 

jonnylaw13":he383ybn said:

brewdude, where "up north" you talking? I know a lot of people considering central Wi "northern WI" drives me bonkers lol
Johnny

Spent much time around Eagle River over the years, mostly on Kentuck Lake at a cabin my roommate's folks had. Went every year on the Memorial day, 4th of July, and Labor Day long weekends. Great fishing there. Also the Rice Lake area. Didn't catch any Muskies though!

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":guun1vie said:
jonnylaw13":guun1vie said:

Johnny

Spent much time around Eagle River over the years, mostly on Kentuck Lake at a cabin my roommate's folks had. Went every year on the Memorial day, 4th of July, and Labor Day long weekends.  Great fishing there. Also the Rice Lake area. Didn't catch any Muskies though!

Cheers,

RR
yep, I'll call eagle river north, I'm about a hour drive north east of there. I think lol I've only been to ER once and that was like 15 years ago.

daveinlax":7h28mk2x said:
Welcome from southwestern Wisconsin's coulee region.  :shock: 
sorry Davd, I dont get out much. I actually have no idea what the "coulee" region is. Never heard that term actually.