Hello and thanks from a new guy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairlyStable

Reaction score
First, thanks for all the great information. I have been reading for a couple of weeks and have learned a lot from y’all. There’s a beautiful rain outside, a new Pete arrived today, and it seems like a good time for a first post.

I have enjoyed a love affair with tobacco for 30 years. Cigarettes, mostly, but also cigars, Copenhagen, and the pipe on and off. It seems I have tired of everything else, but I have recently taken up the pipe again in earnest and intend to devote all (okay, almost all) of my tobacco-designated resources to it from here on out. The pipe is such a pleasure! In the past several weeks I have bought Savinelli, Nording, Sasieni, GBD, Tsuge, Karl Erik, and the aforementioned Peterson. Nothing fancy, but all delightful blast/rusticated briars. I probably shouldn’t have spent the money, but I know you all understand!

Tobacco? Instant TAD to accompany the PAD, of course! Perhaps it is best to spare you the full list in an introductory post, but I would like to post it sometime soon and ask your advice to fill in the gaps. I’ll just say that my favorites at this point are FVF, Night Train, OJK, HOTW, and Haddo’s.

Thanks, again, and goodnight for now.

FairlyStably, Welcome to the forum. It is a fun place to hang out and to learn something new :cyclops: :sunny: :sunny:

Welcome aboard, FairlyStable.Its good to see your enjoying the pipe once again.Hopefully you will be able to dump them cancer sticks once and for all very soon.Hope to see your posts.

Alan.

Thank you for the welcome, gentlemen.

Oldtimer, yes, the cigarettes must go. I'm smoking very few now and hope to cut them out entirely soon. Parenthetically, I am in PA now, but I lived in Bangor for a couple of years. Maine is a great place to live!

Hello for CT,

Currently anyway, am from Waterville, Maine orig.....

I am a newbie to pipe's and fine tobacco...learning all I can here.....

Welcome aboard, great group here!!!!!

LdyDoc